JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung A54 call problems

(Topic created: 02-03-2024 06:58 PM)
nayd
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Samsing A54. When receiving a call, I answer, there is nothing on the other end, sometimes they can hear me. When I get calls, they are dropped immediately. Calls won't go thru. Nothing but call problems for a couple of months. I can turn the phone off & back on, it seems to fix for a short while. I can keep turning phone on & off especially when driving. Very annoyed. Is my phone defective? Anyone else? Can't keep doing this 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand your frustrations with phone calls not working on your device and I will be more than happy to help. 

If your phone is dropping calls occasionally, it is most likely a signal issue. However, frequently dropped calls may happen because of a damaged or inappropriately inserted SIM card. Other times, the phone may have physical or liquid damage.

Verify that your SIM card is installed correctly and isn't damage 

(You can contact your carrier for assistance in testing the SIM. Alternatively, if you have another phone that works with the same carrier, try inserting the SIM card into that phone and test to see if it still drops calls. If it does, you may need to get a replacement SIM card from your carrier)

Inspect the phone for physical or liquid damage 

Turn off Wi-Fi calling 

(Navigate to and open Settings, then tap Connections. Tap Wi-Fi Calling, and then tap the switch to turn it off)

Verify that your device is up to date 

Try your device in Safe Mode:

Certain downloaded apps can make your phone or tablet freeze, crash, or lag. Some apps can even affect camera functionality, cause audio issues, and affect network connectivity. Using Safe mode disables all downloaded apps and loads only the original software that came with your phone or tablet, allowing you to determine if the issue is caused by an app or with the phone.

Power off your device 

Power your device on when the Samsung logo appear press and hold the volume down button 

If done correctly Safe Mode will appear in the bottom left corner

If you are not having an issue with calls while in Safe Mode then there is a third party app causing the issue 

If you are still having issue we recommend a Factory Data Reset

Please be sure to back up your data before performing the reset

If you are still encountering any issues, please visit a Samsung walk-in service center or you can schedule a repair service online.

View solution in context

3 Replies
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Looks like it's an internal issue. You can go to safe mode and reset partition cache and see if it fixes the issue " that's a hail Mary " but if it works when you restart it and then breaks again is either an app breaking the phone or is an internal issue that needs professional care.
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I consider factory resets the absolute last resort, but you may have to do that and then restore from backup. Make sure your most recent backup is svailable, or manually back up your phone before you reset. If the problem persists, it's likely a phone defect, but could also be a carrier issue. You may be in a bad signal area for your carrier. Is your car the only place this happens? Maybe there is some inteference? When I first got my A54, I had an issue with calls beaking up, then I realized it only happened in one room of my house, and at a time when another piece of electronics was malfuntioning. Fixing the malfunction, cleared up the phone call issue. I think the malfuntioning device, although completely unrelated to my phone, emiited some kind of inteference signal.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand your frustrations with phone calls not working on your device and I will be more than happy to help. 

If your phone is dropping calls occasionally, it is most likely a signal issue. However, frequently dropped calls may happen because of a damaged or inappropriately inserted SIM card. Other times, the phone may have physical or liquid damage.

Verify that your SIM card is installed correctly and isn't damage 

(You can contact your carrier for assistance in testing the SIM. Alternatively, if you have another phone that works with the same carrier, try inserting the SIM card into that phone and test to see if it still drops calls. If it does, you may need to get a replacement SIM card from your carrier)

Inspect the phone for physical or liquid damage 

Turn off Wi-Fi calling 

(Navigate to and open Settings, then tap Connections. Tap Wi-Fi Calling, and then tap the switch to turn it off)

Verify that your device is up to date 

Try your device in Safe Mode:

Certain downloaded apps can make your phone or tablet freeze, crash, or lag. Some apps can even affect camera functionality, cause audio issues, and affect network connectivity. Using Safe mode disables all downloaded apps and loads only the original software that came with your phone or tablet, allowing you to determine if the issue is caused by an app or with the phone.

Power off your device 

Power your device on when the Samsung logo appear press and hold the volume down button 

If done correctly Safe Mode will appear in the bottom left corner

If you are not having an issue with calls while in Safe Mode then there is a third party app causing the issue 

If you are still having issue we recommend a Factory Data Reset

Please be sure to back up your data before performing the reset

If you are still encountering any issues, please visit a Samsung walk-in service center or you can schedule a repair service online.