JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung voice recorder randomly stops recording on A53

(Topic created: 12-10-2022 01:14 PM)
Members_L0nAHcM
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a Galaxy A53 5G and often when I go to record something with voice recorder it will randomly stop recording by itself.  I will start recording and around 20-30 minutes in, I will check on the recording and it will randomly have stopped and be showing the recordings list and I will have lost over half an hour of recording.  

This issue happens randomly sometimes I will have a full successful 2 hour long recording other times it will stop by itself after 20-30 min.  Is there a way to ensure that the recording does not stop until I hit stop?  This is very annoying.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your voice recorder app randomly stopping, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. I would first recommend testing your device in safe mode to see if you still experience these symptoms. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To

figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try for possible troubleshooting steps to resolve the symptoms you are experiencing: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

The next step would be to clear the cache for your voice recorder app. The steps to complete the clearing of the cache: Go to settings > apps > voice recorder > tap on storage and then clear cache

As this is random, the next step we will have to determine on a case by case basis. Can you please provide us with the following information in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Full Model number:

IMEI:

View solution in context

6 Replies
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
There was an update to that app the other day. Check the Galaxy Store.
0 Likes
Members_L0nAHcM
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Unfortunately I already seem to have the update and I encountered the problem again today.

When I google the issue it seems it's been an issue for many people since 2019.

KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Oof, that's not good. Have you tried a third party app?
0 Likes
Members_L0nAHcM
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No not yet.  I had problems on my old motorola phone with almost every sound recorder app in a different way where it would stutter and cut in and out.  My Galaxy tab A7 samsung voice recorder works just fine but I don't want to carry a big tablet into the meeting.

0 Likes
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have that tablet as well! Best bang for the buck!
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your voice recorder app randomly stopping, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. I would first recommend testing your device in safe mode to see if you still experience these symptoms. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To

figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try for possible troubleshooting steps to resolve the symptoms you are experiencing: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

The next step would be to clear the cache for your voice recorder app. The steps to complete the clearing of the cache: Go to settings > apps > voice recorder > tap on storage and then clear cache

As this is random, the next step we will have to determine on a case by case basis. Can you please provide us with the following information in a private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Full Model number:

IMEI: