True to color pictures

(Topic created: 03-12-2024 06:49 PM)
Sneaky200
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hi everyone. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy a14 5g phone. 

I noticed that when I take pictures of certain colors like Fuchsia, Magenta, and Purple, the color doesn't look true to color. 

Both Magenta and Fuchsia look pink. I'm talking almost bubble gum pink.

I use to have the Samsung Galaxy crown. I liked how that gave true to color with Fuchsia and Magenta. 

I noticed that this new phone I have does not have white balance. And hardly any picture settings for me to change. 

Any advice is welcome 
0 Likes
3 Replies
SirKaiton
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Is it just the display, that doesn't represent the colors accurately? Or other phones too?
Sneaky200
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hi. It's actually clothing that I take pictures of. The camera doesn't pick up the true color for certain outfits. My old phone had accurate color of the clothes.
0 Likes
userImizherPxv
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hello,

I believe the issue you are experiencing with your camera may be related to the HDR (High Dynamic Range) rendering. To resolve this, you may need to disable the HDR setting in your camera's settings, especially if you're taking photographs of images in a RAW file setting or using professional mode. Additionally, any type of filtering, including color filtering, can affect the image quality.

For example, if your phone is set to "Vivid" color setting instead of "Natural," it may introduce a different color cast to your images. To adjust this, you can search for "Settings" in your phone's settings and look for the "Display" or "Screen Resolution" options. Within these settings, you should be able to find the toggle for "Warm Saturation" vs. "Cool Saturation" or "Vivid" color modes.

It's possible that the default setting is set to a more vivid mode, which can result in a warmer color tone with more yellow and orange hues. Adjusting this setting to a more neutral or natural color profile may help improve the accuracy of your images.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions or if the issue persists.

Best regards,
0 Likes