Original topic:

Reset and work account issue

(Topic created: 03-12-2024 10:35 PM)
TheMaRmAdUkE94
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I successfully set up my new samsung device, however i did skip a few steps like linking my google account, so once i had set up the phone i went into settings to try and add my google account. I pressed what i thought to be what i needed to press, but this reset the phone and is not showing any of the steps to set up the phone that it had previously, like recommended apps etc... And it has taken me back to the page with all the different languages saying welcome, when i choose the language it then takes me to the 'for your review' page, then to 'permissions for samsung apps and services'. then it asks me to set up wifi, after that then it has a little bar at the top saying 'checking for updates, then it says it is updating the knox thing, and after that it says setting up your work account, and then takes me to microsoft website asking me to sign in with an organisation account (of which i do not have) in order to proceed, thats as far as i have gotten, if i press at anytime, reset, or even factory reset, all it does is takes me back to the first page and makes me do all of that again, to no joy. It is like i cant do a normal set up again or go back to my previously set up home screen. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
4 Replies
ItsKittu
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Try resetting it again..?

0 Likes
userImizherPxv
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hello,

I believe you may have accidentally triggered the Secure Folder feature on your Samsung Galaxy S24. I experienced a similar issue where my phone kept thinking I was trying to hack into my work profile, and I later realized the Secure Folder was being treated as a work profile.

To resolve this, you may need to create a separate email address, such as a personal address or a school email account, and use that to go through the setup process. This should automatically recognize it as a security measure since it's being managed remotely by an organization.

If you have a school account, try using that to bypass the issue. Alternatively, you can try setting up the Secure Folder while you're not connected to Wi-Fi.

I hope this helps.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@TheMaRmAdUkE94 Is this a new device direct from a carrier or Samsung? or did you purchase it somewhere else? 

The Microsoft organization thing is not a normal user experience. 

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

After the reset, did you restore your phone from a backup? Can you bypass the work account setup?  Try doing a proper factory reset of the phone, whatever happened to cause your phone to reset, obviously did not bring it back to factory condition.  I think that maybe the phone didn't actually reset, but rebooted in order to provide a "work" profile.  Do a complete factory reset.

Out of Curiosity, what setting did you go into that potentially reset your phone.  If you wanted only to add your Google account, the only place you should have gone is to accounts and backup and then added your account.  There's nothing there that would cause an accidental reset.  I don't think there's any setting that would cause the phone to reset.  Resets are usually deliberate actions, which is why you have to jump through hoops to do it.

0 Likes