Original topic:

85” 4K TV FIRE HAZARD UN85AU8000FXZC only 16 months old

(Topic created: 06-20-2023 05:42 PM)
Nat613
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

IMG_6493.jpeg

Hi, I am very concerned we have the 85 inch 4K TV that we purchased February 2022. We were watching a show with our three children and all of a sudden the screen went black all over except for the left side, my seven-year-old stood up because he was closest to the TV and went to touch the screen to see if it would change the picture, he burned his fingers!!! My husband is an electrician and went over and checked it out and the bottom was so hot! The screen was black, except for a very small section on the left side. We unplugged it overnight and plugged it back in today, now the TV was working for everywhere except the Initial panel that was working, and so my kids were watching the TV for about half an hour and all of a sudden we noticed it smelling like burning plastic, my husband went over, and the bottom of the TV plastic was burning up! I don’t understand how this hasn’t been recalled! This is so scary. Someone could get seriously hurt, our house could burn down because it’s mounted to the wall. I will be contacting Samsung in the morning and I need to speak with Salmon about this because I am majorly concerned.. pls let me know if anyone else has experienced this! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello, Nat! We're so sorry to hear about this situation with your television, and definitely understand the concerns. We have reached out to you via a private message to request some additional information. Please follow up with us there, as our community members will not be able to assist with this matter. We look forward to speaking with you.

View solution in context

2 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
The good news is that is a led edge-lit tv. What that means is it has a slim if any chance to catch fire from the tv itself. LEDs have an extremely low chance of fire and the tv itself would power down if any of the board was fried. The bad news is it sounds to be defective. Around the edges of the tv is what lights it up. It seems as if some have gone out. If you have an extended warranty call and have it fixed. Sorry you are going through this definitely never fun to need a new tv.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello, Nat! We're so sorry to hear about this situation with your television, and definitely understand the concerns. We have reached out to you via a private message to request some additional information. Please follow up with us there, as our community members will not be able to assist with this matter. We look forward to speaking with you.