JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does the Solar remote require a specific charger

(Topic created: 02-08-2024 05:51 AM)
v87
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Can I use my phone charger to recharge the solar remote, or do I need to buy a specific charger for the remote?  The solar battery is depleted altho it sits next to a window plus the table lamp is on from 5 pm to 10 pm daily.  This is my first experience with a solar remote (only bought Smart TV 5 months ago).

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
greggjh1987
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I believe if they both take type c charger then yes but also have to consider the type of charger aswell. For example if your using a Type c to type c charger..that may charge your phone just fine but your solar remote may not accept quick charge chargers. If that's the case then it may have a safety switch built in that will prevent that charger from charging the remote. Hope this make sense. For example I have a battery case for my galaxy phone. The phone case can be charged with a type c charger but it will not charge with a quick charge brick. It only accepts a 25w or lower charge to charge the case. Worst case scenario is your remote won't charge but doesn't hurt any to try.

View solution in context

2 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
You should be able to this is all the website says
With a USB-C cable

If the remote’s battery ever completely depletes and you need it charged right away, you can use a USB-C charging cable. The best part is, you can use the same cable you use to charge your phone! Plug one end of the cable into the remote’s charging port, and then plug the other end into a port on the TV or into a Samsung wall charger adapter.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Solution
greggjh1987
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I believe if they both take type c charger then yes but also have to consider the type of charger aswell. For example if your using a Type c to type c charger..that may charge your phone just fine but your solar remote may not accept quick charge chargers. If that's the case then it may have a safety switch built in that will prevent that charger from charging the remote. Hope this make sense. For example I have a battery case for my galaxy phone. The phone case can be charged with a type c charger but it will not charge with a quick charge brick. It only accepts a 25w or lower charge to charge the case. Worst case scenario is your remote won't charge but doesn't hurt any to try.