JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Light bleeding through UN65J8500 (all JS models)

(Topic created: 01-16-2019 12:54 PM)
user0tC7rduqfk
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello,

I purchased a UN65J8500 3 years ago and just recently, within the last 2 months, I started noticing what looks to be light spots shinning through the panel. These light spots are especially noticeable on solid colors.

I've posted a couple of images of what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/l7eRIUK

Is this something that I can fix or is this panel not worth saving?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

devin

JUMP TO SOLUTION
418 Replies
userdwhHgIUTvL
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

@MrLarry 

Sent information viablm on wed, please let me know status

Thanks

0 Likes
SteveGuitarist
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

My reply to "Samsung Rep" via private message:

So, I've seen dozens of posts regarding this exact problem. Some I've seen are for the exact same model. The best you can do is offer $180 for a TV that sold for well over $2000? This is unacceptable. The problem of light bleed is on the manufacturer not on the customer. When an entire line of any product exhibits similar malfunction the product is known as a lemon. I have 3 Samsung phones (just upgraded to 3 new Samsung phones). 3 Samsung tablets and 2 Samsung SUHD TVs. If this is the kind of response I can expect from your company then I will gladly shift my buyer loyalty to another brand.
THE VERTICAL LIGHT BLEEDS ON THIS TV ARE ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS AND YOUR OFFER TO RESOLVE THIS SHOULD BE NO LESS THAN TOTAL REPARATION.

0 Likes
userzE2UGpjqMp
Astronaut
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have the same model and same issue. I contacted service and after a bit of digital conversation and pictures, etc, they quoted $2000 to repair. I am now waiting on the phone for a rep to answer. I'm going to replace this unit. I've talked to Samsung to give them an opportunity to provide some kind of customer satisfaction compensation. I had no luck. In the meantime, I will replace this unit with a less expensive alternate brand with plans to replace it with new technology in the future.

0 Likes
user96EVb60eRX
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I've had this tv approximately 3 years.  This started on the left side 2 weeks ago and now it is bleeding through on the right side.  I expect a tv to last much longer than this.  I paid good money for this and expect it to be taken care of.  Is there anything Samsung can do?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes? Does the issue occur on all sources and inputs? Is the software up to date?

0 Likes
user96EVb60eRX
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I did these rediculous thing just to satisfy Samsung.  They did not work of course.  Light is bleeding on both sides of my TV man.  How can unplugging stop this?  How can my tv input stop this and I want to know if you know anyone with old software that caused light to bleed through like this.  By the way, my software is up to date.

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

We ask these questions because sometimes, this can be caused by something that's connected to the TV and can often be fixed without the need for a service call. However, if this is still happening on all sources, inputs, and the picture test, this is something that will need to be looked into further. Please send a private message with the model and serial number. http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user96EVb60eRX
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I do want to let everyone know that SamsungAL took care of me.  I got my money back for my 4-1/2 yr old TV and bought a new 65" Samsung QLED (I had a 55").  I paid the difference.   

Thank You Samsung

userdomEm9ROcw
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Same.. here the bleeding one both sides

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes