Original topic:

New CU8000 fuzzy mat look

(Topic created: 11-15-2023 06:07 PM)
rcooley13
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I just bought this TV. Even though the brightness and the colors are nice and bright and everything's detailed games like Spider-Man 2 on the PS5 and currently watching Loki via Disney Plus on my PS5, display with like this mat, fuzzy distortion, almost like liquid filament moving in the background. 

I didn't have this on my onn. 4k Walmart TV this saturday.sung replaced. Is this normal? 

I stream and watch everything through my PS5 nothing through local apps on the TV.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
1. Connect your console to the TV if you haven’t done so already. Make sure you use the HDMI cable that came with your PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and/or Xbox Series S for the best compatibility
2. Next, you need to use your television remote to make your way over to the External Device Manager menu.
From there, select Input Signal Plus and then make sure that this feature is enabled for the HDMI port that is connected to your console.
3. From the same External Device Manager menu, select Game Mode and then make sure Game Mode is set to On.
By enabling Game Mode, the input lag should be reduced when playing videogames. For the 85-inch CU8000, this mode should automatically turn on the Variable Refresh Rate feature as well.
4. You should also make sure that the Color Space is set to Auto in the Color Space Settings menu of your television set.
5. The next step you should take is to go to the Settings menu of your console.

On the PlayStation 5, go to Screen and Video > Video Output.

Afterwards, you should make sure that the following is set to Automatic:

Allow Auto-Low Latency Mode
Allow 4K
Allow HDR10

If you have the 85-inch set, then you should also set 120 Hz and Variable Refresh Rate to Automatic as well from the Video Output menu as well.

View solution in context

6 Replies
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
@rcooley13 Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you for your question about your new Samsung Television.

On your Samsung Television Remote

1. Press "Settings"
2. Scroll down to "Genral"
3. Press "OK" on the Remote
4. Scroll Down to "External Device Manager"
5. Press "OK" on the Remote
6. Scroll down to "Input Signal Plus"
7. Ensure the HDMI Input has a (Green Circle and has been selected) This means it's "ON"
0 Likes
Solution
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
1. Connect your console to the TV if you haven’t done so already. Make sure you use the HDMI cable that came with your PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and/or Xbox Series S for the best compatibility
2. Next, you need to use your television remote to make your way over to the External Device Manager menu.
From there, select Input Signal Plus and then make sure that this feature is enabled for the HDMI port that is connected to your console.
3. From the same External Device Manager menu, select Game Mode and then make sure Game Mode is set to On.
By enabling Game Mode, the input lag should be reduced when playing videogames. For the 85-inch CU8000, this mode should automatically turn on the Variable Refresh Rate feature as well.
4. You should also make sure that the Color Space is set to Auto in the Color Space Settings menu of your television set.
5. The next step you should take is to go to the Settings menu of your console.

On the PlayStation 5, go to Screen and Video > Video Output.

Afterwards, you should make sure that the following is set to Automatic:

Allow Auto-Low Latency Mode
Allow 4K
Allow HDR10

If you have the 85-inch set, then you should also set 120 Hz and Variable Refresh Rate to Automatic as well from the Video Output menu as well.

rcooley13
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Thank you! Doing the steps now!!
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Have you found the suggestions I've provided to you. A better overall improvement in in the quality of your Samsung Television gaming and viewing experience?
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
@rcooley13 How did the suggestions I gave you work out for you? If you found that your question was answered. Please tap "Accepted Solution" Thank you!
0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
@rcooley13 Did my answers provide you with the assistance that you needed. Please tap on the answer that I have provided as an "Accepted Solution" Thank you kindly. Thank you and enjoy your new Samsung Television. Thank you!
0 Likes