Original topic:

Not so Smart Television

(Topic created: Sunday)
Avangaleen414-
Constellation
Options

I wouldn't suggest pairing your phone with any other device which can NOT be tracked/pinged/traced.....my television was stolen and both my phone and television are @samsung @samsung which of course I linked together. Now whomever stole my "Smart" television has access to my Google, Samsung and God only knows what other information. Samsung states they have Precision Geolocation on Smart TVs but EVERY single person at Samsung states they can't locate it. Ughhh

Does anyone happen to know just what information the thief may have that's taken my television? Plz help

2 Replies
meself
Black Hole
Options
How would the TV get tracked
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
They don't have access to your account beyond your youtube account. They can't even change the password. If you're concerned about theft, you should have 2FA enabled already so it wouldn't matter what the thief tries, just unlink your phone from the TV in the smart things app. Your TV does not have a GPS, so it cannot do location tracking. Precise geolocation refers to its ability to identify, track and potentially connect based on distance to connected devices that enter and exit its area of detection.
0 Likes