Original topic:

S90C OLED Screen Saver coming on constantly

(Topic created: 10-16-2023 07:24 PM)
Close59956
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Just got this TV a couple days ago. Whenever I am watching over the air channels the screen saver comes on every few minutes. Sometimes it takes awhile for it to start happening, but when it starts it comes on every minute or two. Anybody know how to fix this issue??? I seen another post on the S95 having the same issue. I need to figure this out soon so I can take this thing back if I have to. 

50 Replies
Huntarr
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
After reading a litany of possible workarounds, I found this... It is the 2 minute Static image Screen Saver set by default and can not be changed.

Protect your screen with Screen Saver

To prevent image retention on the screen, the Samsung OLED TV has the Screen Saver feature enabled by default. Upon pressing any button except for power button on the Samsung TV remote, Screen Saver mode is canceled and returns to the original screen.

If your Samsung OLED TV displays the same still image or does not have an input signal from an external device for 2 minutes, Screen Saver is automatically enabled.

ļæ¼

Note: Screen Saver is a default function to protect your Samsung OLED display and cannot be disabled.

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/how-samsung-oled-tv-displays-are-protected-wit....
0 Likes