JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart tv has talking when I try to raise the sound. It just started doing this. My remote doesn’t

(Topic created: 05-22-2022 04:04 PM)
usergPpjaupyCc
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

My tv talks when I raise the sound.  My remote doesn’t have MENU button so I can’t find out how to change it. Remote BN59-01330a

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hi there! I can see how frustrating that could be. It sounds like you may have the voice guide feature enabled. To check this, navigate to your TV's settings menu, then select General > Accessibility > Voice Guide.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Faith4Hope
Comet
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
May I ask which Samsung Smart TV you have? The directions I'll give below may or may not work for your model, but here's hoping!
And does your rc (remote control) have a "Home" button (a button with a house icon)?
If so, that's how you can find your 'Settings'.

You can try this:
Press "Home", then scroll to 'Settings', then go to 'General', then to 'Accessibility', then make sure the "Voice Guide Settings" (the very 1st thing listed) is set to 'Off'.

If this doesn't work, please check your manual/guide & look up 'Voice Guide'.
The 'Voice Guide' feature will "audibly describe menus & options to assist basic TV operations." (according to Samsung themselves). This would also include it being triggered by things like volume adjusting too.
I really hope this helps! If so, please leave a like/kudo via tapping the 'heart' & if this happens to solve your issue, please mark this as an accepted solution- Thanks!
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hi there! I can see how frustrating that could be. It sounds like you may have the voice guide feature enabled. To check this, navigate to your TV's settings menu, then select General > Accessibility > Voice Guide.