Original topic:

Samsung TVs cannot connect to WiFi

(Topic created: Saturday)
userkjcBwDBKwo
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have 2 Samsung 4K Smart TVs that have been working just fine for the past year or so since I bought them. I'm not sure what happened on either the evening of 6/13/24 or the morning of 6/14/24, but they both lost their connection to my WiFi network. Now, the behavior of the two TVs are slightly different.

On my LR TV, model UN55CU7000FXZA software version 1402, it does not see the network, that I have set to broadcast, even though there is a satellite for my WiFi less than a foot below the TV (and an Apple TV box within a foot of that), I can name the network (its not seeing the network like the BR TV is), pick the security mode, enter password & get the message 'Wireless network connection failed', I have tried both with DHCP or static IP address & get the same results.

On my BR TV, model UN43NU6900 software version 1334, it sees the network, I enter the password & get the same message 'Wireless network connection failed'.

I have several other devices, iPhone, Galaxy phone,  iPad, Windows laptop, Macbook Pro, Brother printer, WiFi range extender, that are all connected to my WiFi with no problems! After trying several solutions I found via Google or using common sense, I finally called Samsung's tech support, who suggested that I call my service provider, as it seems they are blocking my TVs?!?!? I tried to explain to the person I was talking to I have my own modem connected to my own WiFi system (Netgear Nighthawk Ax3000 Mesh WiFi 6 System with Router + 1 Satellite Extender), but they insist my service provider may be blocking my TVs.

Keep in mind, this has been working fine for the past year of so & again, my Apple TV boxes are both connection just fine! I guess I could ditch the Samsung TV plus all together, but would like to have things working as they are supposed to & I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

0 Likes
6 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Only thing I can think of to try is reset your network and see if that does anything.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
userkjcBwDBKwo
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have reset the network, several times & no change.

0 Likes
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Unplug the TV from the wall wait about 20 secs plug back in and try.
0 Likes
userkjcBwDBKwo
Asteroid
Options

I had already tried that, as well, before calling Samsung & posting here.

0 Likes
userkjcBwDBKwo
Asteroid
Options

Well, I just tried updating the firmware via USB drive on my LR TV. The message said there was no new update available, making me thing that the latest firmware was already on the TV. I checked the network status & it still showed no connection, so I went ahead & reset the network settings (I had already tried this several times before during this ordeal), but this time it detected mine, as well as any neighbors WiFi signals. I entered the password & all is good.

Will try this on BR TV once the wife gets up!

LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options

Have you tried resetting the television to see if that would resolve it? If not then I would just recommend service, the wifi card may have went bad. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-troubleshoot-internet-connectivity-for-sams...

0 Likes