Original topic:

Tv internet app updates

(Topic created: 08-09-2023 09:14 PM)
Jag83
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Just curious if anyone knows of a way to update the internet app on Samsung tv. I recently updated the software via usb flash drive and did all the steps to reset restart and still didn’t fix my problem and noticed even though the tv software was updated on the internet app version shows to 3 years old. Just wondering if there is a way to update just the internet separately from the tv software.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Check to see if there's an update for it by doing the following: 

1. Press the Smart Hub or Home button on your remote.
  2. Select “Apps”.
  3. Select "My Apps".
  4. Select "Options" and make sure Auto Update is set to On.
  5. If you don't want the apps to update automatically, set Auto Update to Off.
  6. If you're using the manual option, when you select an individual app you'll be notified if an update is available.
  7. When the update is completed, the app will open so you can use it.

If not, then I wouldn't doubt it, it's not very good at streaming content either, samsung support once told me that the browser is not meant to stream on, that it has a limited amount of memory and it will crash every time. (if that's your issue.)  Best bet is to cast whatever you want to watch to the television or get an app. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Check to see if there's an update for it by doing the following: 

1. Press the Smart Hub or Home button on your remote.
  2. Select “Apps”.
  3. Select "My Apps".
  4. Select "Options" and make sure Auto Update is set to On.
  5. If you don't want the apps to update automatically, set Auto Update to Off.
  6. If you're using the manual option, when you select an individual app you'll be notified if an update is available.
  7. When the update is completed, the app will open so you can use it.

If not, then I wouldn't doubt it, it's not very good at streaming content either, samsung support once told me that the browser is not meant to stream on, that it has a limited amount of memory and it will crash every time. (if that's your issue.)  Best bet is to cast whatever you want to watch to the television or get an app.