JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

XBOX Series X emerging issue - no sound on games after latest TV update v 1401.

(Topic created: 07-14-2023 04:19 AM)
JaimeCLT
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

An issue is being tracked on the XBOX forums where after the Samsung TV 1401 update, sound while playing games in the XBOX series X just stops. You have to unplug the TV and plug back on for the sound to come back.   It is only happening on Samsung TVs. Clearly some HDMI interface problem introduced or exposed with the latest Samsung TV update.    Samsung support calls did not help.    If interested in thread, go here (add "https:" as the forum blocks URLS):  //answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/certain-games-on-my-xbox-series-x-launch-with-no/da2ae3...

34 Replies
Snowbound
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Same issue, no sound from Xbox in game 

0 Likes
ughhimnothere
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
So when is the software fix coming? If it got messed up in the update, they should be able to fine the line of code to fix it. Been deal with this for months and it's frustrating
0 Likes
J C PRIMO
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Just came across this thread. I thought it was my series x. Any update on a fix?

0 Likes
brandon3
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I am also experiencing this issue after update to 1401 firmware. I cannot seem to find the option to roll back the firmware. 

I also think it is interesting that 1401 is not listed as firmware for my TV (UN65RU8000FXZA) on the support website; only 1391.

This is an extremely annoying issue. I used to think that Samsung was a reliable brand.

0 Likes
Sanderson960
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I can’t believe everyone is still having this issue. I really can’t afford to buy a new tv, but looks like that’s the only solution. Won’t be buying another Samsung for sure. I’m sick to death of resetting the tv 10 times a day 

0 Likes