Original topic:

Default startup input

(Topic created: 05-04-2024 09:34 AM)
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hey folks, 

Brand new to a Smart TV.  How do I get my QN90D to start up to my Dish Network input instead of the hub? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

@bill-e  You need to change theses settings in your TV

TV settings -

General & Privacy -

Start Screen Option

Toggle off Start with Smart Hub Home

and toggle on Autorun Last App

theses are the settings on my tv and it loads Directv instantly when starting up 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

4 Replies
LongHiker
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

@bill-e Have you tried going into the TV All settings -> General & Privacy -> Start Screen Option. Here you can turn off "Start with Smart Hub Home". You may also need to enable "Autorun Last App". Not sure how you use Dish Network with the TV. 

notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I'm with @LongHiker on DISH unfamiliarity. My LG opens up to a main menu with my streaming apps present for me to select. Are you using a DISH app, or are you connected directly via HDMI?
0 Likes
Solution
GaryB82
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

@bill-e  You need to change theses settings in your TV

TV settings -

General & Privacy -

Start Screen Option

Toggle off Start with Smart Hub Home

and toggle on Autorun Last App

theses are the settings on my tv and it loads Directv instantly when starting up 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

So my working setup is Dish Hopper 3 HDMI out connected to TV HDMI 2 and TV HDMI 3 ARC connected to Monitor input of my Denon 1909 AVR.  With the Samsung Hub off, the TV on power up defaults to the Dish Hopper.  The HDMI ARC allows me to use either the TV speaker or Denon Avr for my audio out for all sources. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes