JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SAMSUNG IGNORING US? TV offline on SmartThings (ST) after powered off

(Topic created: 08-14-2024 01:24 PM)
FL_Buckeye
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

After several days searching this forum, online, and reaching out to Samsung support for a solution to this problem (to no avail), I am once again bringing this frustrating issue to Samsung’s attention.

None of the solutions provided work permanently… resetting network, checking cables, using ST offline diagnostics, disconnect/reconnect TV/router, resetting TV to factory, using Ethernet or WiFi, deleting and reinstalling ST and/or the TV on the app, creating a new ST login, changing DNS, etc etc. NOTHING resolves the issue and the TV WILL go offline on ST after a while once it’s turned off (meaning routines will not work). When TV is turned back on, ST immediately recognizes it and everything works perfect.

Samsung reps always seem to respond with the same recommendations (most of them listed above), and then “disappear” or “ignore” subsequent requests for assistance.

We’ve all purchased Samsung TVs because we believe in the brand’s promise of excellence. But the way this issue has been mishandled by Samsung Support for several YEARS now (just look it up online!) is simply unacceptable.

IS SAMSUNG SIMPLY UNABLE TO FIX THIS ISSUE?

If so, can someone just please let us know?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out I would recommend reaching out on our SmartThings community for more support as they will have more experienced members for any questions on your SmartThings devices. You can use the link below.

https://community.smartthings.com/

View solution in context

4 Replies
LUsrSudo
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Your TV may be set to completely turn off... sounds crazy but ive accidentally enabled power saving features in my settings and rendered it unable to be turned on via Smartthings... the other option is, somehow, your tv got unlinked from your samsung account and now you need to re-sign in... another possibility is remove it from Smart things and re-add it
0 Likes
FL_Buckeye
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thank you @LUsrSudo!

I can confirm I’ve also previously completed all your suggestions: confirmed all TV power saving options are off, confirmed both TV and ST app are on the same Samsung account, and removed then re-added TV from ST (I did not add these to the completed actions list on my original post as it was already long).

I truly appreciate you chiming in. Hopefully someone from Samsung will at some point.

0 Likes
Members_UPz1aZ8
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

It's really very simple. Samsung does not honor their warranties. They simply run you in circles until you finally give up. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out I would recommend reaching out on our SmartThings community for more support as they will have more experienced members for any questions on your SmartThings devices. You can use the link below.

https://community.smartthings.com/