Original topic:

Sound stopping and starting using an S95C TV via HDMI connected Sennheiser Ambeo Mini

(Topic created: a week ago)
Tony15
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I bought this TV a few months ago and originally had an old LG soundbar NB4530A soundbar connected via HDMI. Noticing some audio dropouts, I decided to buy a Samsung Q700C on the assumption that the old soundbar was broken and also to be able to play Dolby Atmos content.

Like many others, I had a lot of trouble with v1402.5, with it continually cutting out. My problems continued with v1410.1 and being unhappy with the sound from the soundbar decided to get an ambeo mini instead. Roll on v1420.9 and things are much better, however I have the following problem now:

The sennheiser app allows me to see which codec is being used to play audio and how many channels are being used. 

When using 12 channel PCM Dolby codec via live TV channels like UK freeview 101, 102, 103 (BBC one, two, ITV HD) and the TV’s apps like ITVX and Amazon Prime, and Dolby Atmos content, the sound is fine. No dropping at all.

But when I use a TV channel like UK freeview 6, which is ITV2, which uses the 2 channel PCM Dolby codec, the sound will stop for several seconds, restart, stop, restart, etc for a couple of minutes and then settle down for a while and then start stopping and starting again.

TV arc and output format settings are both to auto. Soundbar firmware is up to date. HDMi cable is a 0.5m ugreen cerified 48gbs.

So, my question is, does anybody else with any type soundbar connected via HDMI experience these problems?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Tony15
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

As usual ARC to off and setting output format to PCM, stops the interruptions. FFS I can’t be the only person still having problems, surely?!

0 Likes