Original topic:

UNWANTED FIRMWARE UPDATE, CAN'T favorite My Photos

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 10:32 PM)
PTSD1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I turned off auto updates because if ain't broke, don't fix it. Apparently Samsung found a way to bypass that and push another terrible update. 

Hundreds of photos I uploaded over the past year were removed from my "favorites". And now, the interface has changed such that there is not option to favorite any of my uploaded photos. I can only favorites pictures from the Art Store. For My Photos I can only find "Matte & Filter, and Screen Settings."

1. How did Samsung bypass my no autoupdate settings? 
2. How can I get the ability to favorite my uploaded pictures?

Ausexpat
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same here. The option to ‘favourite’ from imported ‘ my photos’ has disappeared. Poor judgement by Samsung, poor execution ( no notification I’ve seen). And you make a good point about the subscription cost each month….now unsure if it’s worth it. 

I wonder if anyone at Samsung is aware…and if so, whether Samsung care?

TorontoFrameTVGuy
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same. Software change forced that now prohibits photos in my uploads from being made favorites. Completely impacted the user experience negatively for this TV. 

SamSungTheBlues
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same here. So frustrating.

This significantly impacts the function of this TV negatively in a big way for those of us who cannot shell out the monthly fee for the art service (and for anyone who wants to include their own photos in the mix even with the subscription service).

It's hard to believe that this kind of change was a simple oversight and not a planned functionality change designed to push users toward the paid art service.

I hope Samsung does the right thing and re-instates the ability to favorite user photos soon.

firesign
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
If anything it pushes me away from using the subscription, which I'm currently paying for. If I can't mix the subscription service and my own uploads, I will likely cancel and just use the uploads only without using 'favorites'.
Ausexpat
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same here. I’m going to cancel the subscription.

can you help explain how I’d run the screenshow that auto kicks in when TVis in slumber mode. From ‘ my photos’ obviously but how to set this to auto run? Thanks. 

Ausexpat
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I subscribe each month but also want to add my imported family art to the favourites screenshow that shows when TV is in slumber mode. 

ugh3201
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I have one Samsung frame TV and really enjoy adding my own photos and artwork. Being able to set some of the artwork as favorites is very important to me. We are doing a full house Remodel and I had planned to replace all seven remaining TVs with the frame TV. However, seeing how Samsung takes away features without warning or permission makes me not want to have another Samsung. I'm buying a fridge today it was going to be a Samsung bespoke, but I decided to get an LG because I don't trust Samsung after the favorites disappearance from the frame TV. I'll save a bunch of money I'm not getting the Samsung fridge anyway.
SamSungTheBlues
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Well, you made the right call on the fridge. I have a Samsung fridge and it has been a nightmare. Samsung is famous for its poorly designed refrigerators. The design on one model was so bad that there were class-action lawsuits. They sell special kits just to fix these fridges (to fix what Samsung did wrong when designing).

Photodoc
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Samsung, I'm sure you've got someone monitoring this forum.  It's quite obvious from the responses above that limiting what users are able to do with personal photographs and artwork on the frame TV is going to reduce sales of the TV (and perhaps other Samsung products).  Those of us who purchased this TV researched it ahead of time and knew the features we could use to display our personal art (rotating mount, choosing a limited selection of our art, choosing a relatively slow rotation of art in a slideshow, etc).  To take these features away after we purchased the TV is inexcusable.  What's your response Samsung???

Ausexpat
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I’m hoping it’s just incompetence vs a deliberate mistake. They e have seriously underestimated the value of the monthly subscription if I can no longer add my personal art to ‘My Photos’. Personal art being the kids stuff 😃😃