Original topic:

UNWANTED FIRMWARE UPDATE, CAN'T favorite My Photos

(Topic created: 04-10-2024 10:32 PM)
PTSD1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I turned off auto updates because if ain't broke, don't fix it. Apparently Samsung found a way to bypass that and push another terrible update. 

Hundreds of photos I uploaded over the past year were removed from my "favorites". And now, the interface has changed such that there is not option to favorite any of my uploaded photos. I can only favorites pictures from the Art Store. For My Photos I can only find "Matte & Filter, and Screen Settings."

1. How did Samsung bypass my no autoupdate settings? 
2. How can I get the ability to favorite my uploaded pictures?

49 Replies
ANYC
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

i reached out and they said it's the smart things app and to trouble shoot with them, i haven't done this yet

0 Likes
Chanton-1977
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I subscribe to the art store and can't even change the mattes, in addition to not being able to affect anything in "favorites", either entering new ones or removing old ones. Even though I know better, I did call customer service. After a half hour of irrelevant questions and constantly being placed on hold, I was told that the tech group that works with Th Frame and art store cannot take phone call and the rep said they wold email me. That was 2 weeks ago and nothing.

0 Likes
ogaguse
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same issue here. I have an extensive library of personal photos that look great on the tv but also like artwork mixed in. Now I have to choose one or the other. What a way to screw up an otherwise great product, Samsung!

0 Likes
usertAMuLwVL6c
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I've had this issue for several years and just tried something that WORKED! Within the Smartthings app on my phone, I readded the TV as a new device, and after the setup, all of my favorites and personal images reappeared.

Steps taken: Open Smartthings app on phone, click on devices tab, click the plus sign to add a device, select Scan for nearby devices. It then found the Samsung the Frame TV automatically. When I selected it and began the setup, it prompted me that this device was already registered, but I continued with the setup anyway. After following the rest of the setup steps on the phone and TV to add the device, it was all back. 

Hope this works for everyone else as well.

0 Likes
PTSD1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Did you remove the existing device before re-adding it?
0 Likes
usertAMuLwVL6c
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I did not remove it first. It automatically replaced it when I readded it. 

0 Likes
Mattias L
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

If Samsung refuses to fix the issue with my favorites, I will buy another brand of TV next time, LG or an Apple product. My sister is considering buying a Samsung Frame, but after this, I will advise her against it.

Sorry Samsung, this is really **bleep**! 

0 Likes
papuhl60
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

My Frame 75 seems to have upgraded to this version and now art subscription is no longer active on my TV, even though I have PAID FOR IT!  Once morning I suddenly noticed that my art was changed from my subscried photo to a free one (that I don't like or want on my TV).  What the hek happened here?!!  I have reached out to Samsung support but they don't seem to have any idea how to fix it! 

0 Likes
PTSD1
Asteroid
Options
Have you checked to make sure you are still signed in to your account?
0 Likes
SamSungTheBlues
Asteroid
Options

Does anyone know if there have been any new firmware/software updates since this problem started? I'm curious to know if Samsung has been updating and fixing bugs for other features. If they have, and they haven't fixed this issue, that tells me this is not a bug but a planned design change.

0 Likes