Original topic:

White spots on q60b tv

(Topic created: 07-11-2023 09:09 AM)
Jstin86
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello,

I have an 85” Samsung q60b and there seems to be white spots/ blooming on dark scenes and content. Tv is under warranty but I purchased it through Amazon. Amazon will not take the return being past 30 days. Does anyone know if Samsung would accept a return in order to buy a better Samsung tv? Thanks!

EF3366B3-B312-4723-8C33-1EAC049948CB.jpeg

4 Replies
Grendeth9495
Nebula
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Surprisingly samsung is pretty good about warranties, try registering your serial number on Samsung website. And are you sure this device is new? Because if not it'll be immediately apparent when you try to register it, it'll tell you the warranty period is expired. Usually TVs have a 2 or 3 year warranty from the time of purchase. Good luck!
Jstin86
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I registered the product and it does state that I am within the warranty. I’ll see what they say. Not sure if they would just replace or be willing to exchange for another model. Thanks!

Grendeth9495
Nebula
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
They'll send someone out to look at the panel. Pretty fast about it too. No problem!
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your new TV having white spots on the screen. Since this is occurring and you are out of the exchange period with Amazon service would be the only solution. Exchanges/Refunds are done on a case-by-case basis. Since you are in warranty you have a couple of options. You can send the following information below to me or any of the other moderators. Or you can call in directly at 1 (800) 726-7864

Place of purchase:
First and Last Name:
Physical Street Address:
City, State, and Zip Code:
Home phone number:
Alternate phone number:     
Email address: 

Model Number:

Serial Number: 

0 Likes