(Topic created: 11-10-2023 12:41 PM)
RonnieTV
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

IMG_8667.jpeg

IMG_8660.jpeg

IMG_8659.jpeg

I have a 2018 - QLED QN65Q9FNAFXZA, I have an issue where any “Newer” device I connect to this TV via HDMI such as Apple TV or Amazon Firestick, the TV recognizes the connection but the input shows “No Signal”. I know it’s not an HDMI cable or input  issue because I’m able to connect an old Sony Blu Ray player via the same input and cable and it works perfectly. I’ve tried updating to an older version of the firmware on the TV but the TV won’t recognize the update since it’s older than the one currently on the TV(Atleast I think this is why) Has anyone experienced this? Any work arounds or fixes? Would be very grateful for some advice!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame
Thanks Ronnie, I'd be happy to assist you with that! Here is the information I found that will assist you obtaining support for your Samsung Television:

1. You can contact Samsung Customer Care by calling 1-800-SAMSUNG You can call from 8:00 AM -12:00 AM EST 7 day's a week.
2. You can also contact Samsung Customer Care via their Website at: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact
3. Product Support Web page for your Samsung Television: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/televisions-home-theater/televisions/qled-4k-tvs/2018-line-up/

Of course you can continue to use the Samsung Member's Community to post questions, and any other subject related to your Samsung Products, Services, Apps, and Experiences. Thank you Ronnie! I hope that my assistance was able to help you in any way that I could.

Please accept my answers to your questions as "Accepted Solution" Once again I wish you the best and take care! Thank you!

View solution in context

0 Likes
23 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame
@RonnieTV I don't think your Samsung Television can decode the New HDCP encryption protocols.

It also appears based on the photos you've posted. That your Samsung Television also has Clouding of the screen too!

This is related to the underlayments. The composite layers that diffuse the light output of your Samsung Television's display.

I may be mistaken because of the quality of the photos. But it is worth looking into.

That's definitely not a good sign!
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame
@RonnieTV Also check to see if your Samsung Television has a Firmware Update available.
0 Likes
RonnieTV
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks for this… The TV states it has the latest update “1334”. As for the picture, it’s fine.. just the quality of the photo. Is there a way to load the HDCP protocols if the TV thinks it’s fully updated? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame
To answer your question about if there's anything you can do to add them. Sorry but you cannot. Samsung could with a Firmware Update. But it's unlikely they will add that to your model Samsung Television at this point. That's not to say they won't. But it's highly unlikely at this point.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame
@RonnieTV:

What is an HDCP error?

HDCP stands for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection. This is the technology that protects video content on streaming devices and TVs. When you connect your Apple TV and other devices to your TV, they will send out a message that it is HDCP compliant. If your device does not comply, then it will display an error message. Or no Video Signal.

This also happens if your device is not HDCP compatible at all. The Apple TV is one of the devices that have to be HDCP compatible in order to work with a large range of TVs. However, not all TVs are able to support HDCP hence you might get an error message on your screen when you try to connect up to the Apple TV or any other device with an HDMI port.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame
@RonnieTV You can also try using a newer HDMI Cable as well.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame
@RonnieTV Glad to hear your screen is good!
0 Likes
RonnieTV
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Gotcha, just weird I have a 2018 QLED that’s a Lower model with the same updates I presume that works fine with all these peripherals . Just seems odd to me. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame
@RonnieTV Can you try a different HDMI port on your Television?
0 Likes