JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Art mode turns off TV

(Topic created: 12-12-2023 10:10 AM)
Jtbran
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

As soon as I click a choice in the Art channel menu, the TV turns off. The same thing happens when I tap the power button to try to enter “Art mode”

4 Replies
Options
QLED and The Frame
If your TV turns off unexpectedly when trying to access the Art channel menu or entering Art mode, it could be due to a software glitch or a specific issue with your TV model. Try these steps to troubleshoot:

1. **Restart your TV:** Power off your TV completely, unplug it for a minute, and then plug it back in. Turn it on and check if the issue persists.

2. **Check for updates:** Ensure that your TV's firmware and software are up to date. If not, update to the latest version as this may address any known issues.

3. **Reset Art mode settings:** If there's an option to reset Art mode settings to default, try that. It might resolve any configuration issues causing the shutdown.

4. **Contact TV support:** If the problem continues, reach out to the TV's customer support or the manufacturer's support team. They can provide specific guidance based on your TV model and may be aware of any known issues or solutions.

Remember to consult your TV's user manual for model-specific troubleshooting steps or contact the manufacturer for assistance.
0 Likes
Jtbran
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you. Did all that plus a reset. Still problem. Support has an escalated ticket for me now. 

Solution
Jtbran
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Returning it to costco

dvenkatsagar
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue here! Just got a new Frame 55 inch LS03BA and wall mounted it and now I found out that the main purpose/feature of the TV doesnt work. Fun times! 😑

Looks like the firmware version 1602.3 (which is currently setup after a WiFi update) as of today still doesn't have a fix for this. I saw other posts about similar issues with the "Art" feature like the issues with AppleTV and other streaming devices but my case is kinda different from that, I dont have anything setup with this tv. Its was just out of the box and with a basic wall mount installation and setup.

The TV just turns off when you press the power button or even when you manually go to the "Art" section in the menu and select anything in it. Even the "membership", "Payment Info" and any other item in the "Art" section just turns the TV off. 

Until the fix gets implemented, I guess the alternative solution for this software problem would be something like google art and culture project and resize those images for 4K or something. The TV itself looks good with the wall mount and all but if the main feature that Samsung has been advertising for that price, doesnt work, I dont think it should be sold for that price.