JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Channel control switches to Samsung TV Plus

(Topic created: 01-24-2024 08:12 PM)
lboocker
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

So this is weird.  TV is connected to WiFi but also has an antenna.  When I change source to Air/Broadcast and run Auto Program, I get about 70 channels.  When I watch one of them and use the Channel Up (or Down) on the remote, the TV switches the source to Samsung TV Plus and shows one of those channels.  I can change to another broadcast channel using the Settings-Number-Color button to enter numbers but that's very awkward.  I also get switched  from Broadcast to Samsung TV Plus when I push in the Channel button to display a guide.  TV is QN55QN90CAFXZA.  Any ideas?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi there, Thanks so much for posting about this. That does sound odd. Could you confirm if you are using the original Samsung remote that came with the TV? Additionally, do you have any other devices connected to the TV? Lastly, have you tried resetting the remote? You can find steps on how to do this in the first section of this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202543/#unable-to-turn-on-or-control-the-tv-...

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi there, Thanks so much for posting about this. That does sound odd. Could you confirm if you are using the original Samsung remote that came with the TV? Additionally, do you have any other devices connected to the TV? Lastly, have you tried resetting the remote? You can find steps on how to do this in the first section of this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01202543/#unable-to-turn-on-or-control-the-tv-...

lboocker
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank for the advice.  Resetting the remote fixed the problem.  While I've got your attention I have 2 questions about Samsung TV Plus:

1) Why isn't there a separate manual (separate from the TV manual)?  The user interface is very tricky for setting up and using Favorites.

2) Is there any way to watch Samsung TV Plus without the TV?  I like watching a lot of TV on my desktop computer.  It's ad supported and you could have a login tied to the TV.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

You're very welcome! We do not have manuals available for applications. However, You can visit Samsungtvplus.com to learn more. You can access Samsung TV Plus by visiting samsungtvplus.com using any web browser, which means you can access it via a computer, laptop, tablet, non-Samsung smart TVs, and even smart displays. 

0 Likes