Original topic:

Mic turned off on a QN65QN90c, how to turn it back on

(Topic created: 03-14-2024 08:34 PM)
markm4663
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I purchased the 65" last weekend.
I was trying the voice control option and turned it off by giving the command, turn Voice Control off.

Now, when I try to use voice control by pressing the mic button on the remote and speaking my command, I get a message on the TV indicating that the TV microphone needs to be turned on.  I found the mic on off switch next to the power button on the lower right edge of the TV.  When move the switch to either on or off, I get no message on the TV that the mic has been turned on or off.
There must be another way to turn the mic back on.  I have not been able to find it yet.  Anyone have any information on an alternative way to turn the TV mic back on?

I am starting to think when I gave that command to turn voice control off, it also turned off the TV mic in SW and the mic switch no longer does anything.  A possible bug?

I also have a QN75QN90C.  Voice control works on that tv and the mic switch also works.  When I used the switch to turn the mic off, I get a message indicating that the mic has been turned off on the TV.  Turning on the mic  also results in a message on the TV indicating the mic has been turned on.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
markm4663
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
Yes. Many times.
FYI, I decided to return the TV and I purchased the same from Samsung.
As far as I know, the escalating team is still working in the problem in their lab.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Ric221
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame

Have you tried to reset the tv that is giving you remote issues? If not try that, also try removing the batteries from the remote. 

0 Likes
markm4663
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
Yes. I have performed a Factory reset several times. Apparently, it's not quite a factory reset.
On the remote's batteries, the TV came with a new type of remote that looks pretty sealed. Also, it's rechargeable via USBC and light. Has a small "solar" panel on the back.
No removable batteries.
I am hoping that the mic the TV message is referring to is the mic on the remote.
I've asked the techs on chat if there is a way to factory reset the remote, hoping that will restore the mic functionality. Unfortunately, no one has provided a key sequence to factory reset the remote.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! To be able to reset the remote please try the following (press the Return button and the Enter button together for about 10 seconds).  Please let me know if this helped! 

0 Likes
markm4663
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
We tried that in the very 1st chat I had with Samsung support.
The key sequence only resets the remote, not a factory reset. After your the reset using the 2 buttons you mention, the remote was still paired with the TV. With a factory reset, the user should have to re-pair the remote with the TV.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Have you tried resetting the TV through the menu options, Settings > All Settings > General & Privacy > Reset. You'll then need to enter the PIN. If no PIN has been set, the default is 0000. The TV should now turn off and on again automatically and then begin the Initial Setup process. Please keep in mind, all settings on the TV will be reset. 

0 Likes
Solution
markm4663
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
Yes. Many times.
FYI, I decided to return the TV and I purchased the same from Samsung.
As far as I know, the escalating team is still working in the problem in their lab.