JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN900A 85 inch picture and Sound dropping out

(Topic created: 10-10-2021 07:37 AM)
user4jj2wptoDu
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello. I recently purchased this 85 inch 8k TV.  My family and I have noticed that the picture and sound drop out for 1-3 seconds every 20-30 minutes.  It does not matter which HDMI input is being used.   I have a PS5 , Roku, and Verizon Fios STB hooked into 3 of the HDMI inputs, and I have a Sonos Arc plugged into the eArc HDMI. 

It is super frustrating to pay this much money for a TV that is having this kind of an issues.  From what I have recently discovered online, this is a common issue for Samsung TV's lately.  I wish I knew this before I shelled out all this money for this TV, and especially since I recycled the box it came in, so no way to ship it back for a refund.  The TV is only a month old.  Please tell me there is an easy fix for this?  I contacted chat support, and they suggested unplugging from the wall for a few minutes.  I did that and that didn't work.  

0 Likes
6 Replies
NicEgypt
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
If you have the tv plugged into extension cord go ahead and unplug the tv and plug it into an outlet.
0 Likes
user4jj2wptoDu
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

The TV is already plugged into the outlet directly.  No surge protector or extension cord.  But odd, an $8000+ tv would have these kind of issues.  Samsung, you have really let me down with your horrible product. 

0 Likes
NicEgypt
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I feel you! My tv not even a week old and I hear clicking sound every 5 sec or so. Very irritating! But I still have 90 days to return for replacement or a refund
0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. Does this occur when using any apps or nis it just when using HDMI ports?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user4jj2wptoDu
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello Larry, to be honest, I don't use the installed apps at all. I have a Roku unit that I prefer to use, so I am not sure. But with that said, it happens on all the HDMI inputs.  

I forgot to mention, the PS5 shares a HDMI switch with a Nintendo Switch.  But the drop out happens no matter which game system is being played, or If I am watching Verizon Fios, or if I am using my Roku.  

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I see. Give this link a shot for me: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109749/ If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes