JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Solar remote no option for battery level

(Topic created: 02-03-2022 04:31 AM)
userzWCQWDmwOI
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Bought a 65 " QN65Q60AAFXZA, 2 months ago, and the solar remote when it goes dead, has no way of telling me how much charge is left. The solar remote, BN59-01357F will not let TV tell me how much battery charge is left due to NO setting in general to see the battery level on this model. Called Support and was told this model does not support this battery level indicator!!!!!....So I have a remote that I have to keep charging daily to be safe to use since its only option is solar or plug-in. Really bad QA on this and no option for using any other remote from what support tells me. Please hopefully come out with a software update to allow us to see the battery level or let me have an option to buy a new remote that has batteries!

4 Replies
Ellaminnowpea
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Mine is a QN65LS03AAFXZA, but maybe they have the same menu. Press:

HOME > SETTINGS > GENERAL > POWER AND ENERGY SAVING > AVAILABLE REMOTE BATTERY

... and there you will see the charge level.

Just to say, though, I've never seen a regular battery remote that had a charge level indicator. Don't you just know to replace the batteries on those when they stop working? I think this is a clever remote solution. I place mine face down under the table lamp whenever I'm not using it, and it seems to maintain a steady charge. The battery is around the same charge percentage every time I check it.

0 Likes
userfIz4EwUQeG
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

On my model QN65Q80AAFXZA I'm seeing the same thing on the solar remote (TM2180E).  The Available Remote Battery showed 58% when I first set up the TV a few weeks ago.  After having the remote under a table light for a few hours and in direct sunlight for over 4 hours it still shows 58%.

I don't know if the remote is charging or not.  I may go out and spend a couple dollars to get a cable and charge the remote that way to see if the percentage changes.

0 Likes
user25kTKMCeJL
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue here too. Got a brand new 65 inch Samsung QLED TV and the solar cell remote control only charges using a USB-C cable but the solar cell does not charge at all.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello@ I understand how this can be cause for concern with not being able to check the remote battery just want to check and see have you looked at the link below? It should have information that's most helpful! 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00088862/

0 Likes