Original topic:

Sound Options On apps

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Catscanman
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Can anyone explain or help. I have  Directv that will play through a connected soundbar via optical cable. However, if I want watch one of the apps (Paramount, etc.) I have to switch the sound back to the TV internal speaker. Why?

1 Reply
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Assuming that you have both HDMI and Toslink connections to your soundbar, I would assume that the streaming data is coming over the HDMI so can you select HDMI for the input on the soundbar while streaming? 

right at the moment I'm still prehistoric when it comes to TV, which will be remedied this week but with my setup, I experienced the same thing and had to go into my Denon rx settings and change where the HDMI was getting its sound from because like you, it was not coming over the Toslink. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV