JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

This video is in a format that can't be streamed to this TV.

(Topic created: 11-06-2023 02:28 PM)
jabaro
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I cannot stream anything from my phone (iPhone 12, iOS 16.6.1), or my computer (Mac Studio, macOS 14.0), to my Samsung Q90 TV (late 2020) using the Apple TV app on the TV. I've always had this problem with this TV, but up till now I've eventually been able to get a movie to play. Usually by starting the movie, then turning on screen mirroring, after which everything worked fine. But now, nothing will stream to my TV from any of my devices – home movies, downloaded videos – no matter what I do.

All of the movies are in the correct format (see attached info from QT Player for an example of a movie that won't play). They play without problem on my Mac, iPhone, and iPads (with screen mirroring turned off). As far as I can tell, these video and audio codecs are supported on Samsung TVs.

Movie Info.jpg

I also have a 3rd-gen Apple TV connected to this TV, and it won't play anything either. It used to.

The only success I've had is using the 5K Player app on my Mac. It plays the videos and works with screen mirroring on. Only problem, my computer is nowhere near my TV, and running up and down 2 flights of stairs every time I want to pause it is not an option (for me).

I've found LOTS of threads on this topic, but none of the solutions I've found are helpful. Does anybody know what format will actually work on a Samsung TV, if any? Is there any macOS app that can convert my movies?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your TV not playing the file formats. I recommend using the user manual to find out which files will be used with the TV. You can go here to the LINK to your user manual and will find the information on page 135. If you are still having issues it may be because of going through another device and then into the TV.

I would recommend reaching out to our smart things community also for more help as you are trying to screen mirror. You can get there using this link: https://community.smartthings.com

View solution in context

2 Replies
jabaro
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

That response is in no way relevant or helpful.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your TV not playing the file formats. I recommend using the user manual to find out which files will be used with the TV. You can go here to the LINK to your user manual and will find the information on page 135. If you are still having issues it may be because of going through another device and then into the TV.

I would recommend reaching out to our smart things community also for more help as you are trying to screen mirror. You can get there using this link: https://community.smartthings.com