JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Uploading more than 100 pictures to The Frame TV

(Topic created: 06-16-2020 08:25 PM)
userTogRYgvTwa
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have purchased a 75" The Frame TV last week, hoping to see all my photos in Art Mode. But after playing around with the TV I have realized it has only 500mb memory, so my questions are,

1. is there a way to increase or add more memory to the TV

2. is there a way to display the photos on a USB drive in "ART Mode" without saving to the Frame TV

3. I have 1000 of Photos, How can I display those in ART Mode?

Thank you

JUMP TO SOLUTION
15 Replies
userK315TQ2D2J
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello John,

Have you actually tried this? People, including me, notice that The Frame TV always saves a copy of the image from the USB device into the TV, therefore still causing the storage limitation issue

0 Likes
usergc3yxKzggJ
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have created 4 folders on a USB drive, each containing 100 pictures. I can fit 100 pictures on my Frame (~500 MB).

Problems
1. no folder selection

When I plug in the USB drive, it shows me 400 pictures with no information about the folders. It needs to have a navigation facility to choose a folder.

2. no "select all"
there is no facility to "select all". I have to use 2 keys (move cursor, select) to select each of 100 images. That's tedious. Then I can copy.

3. too many keystrokes
when I want to change from set #1 to set #2, I have to press 100 X 2 = 200 keys to 'select all', then delete. Then I have to press 100 X 2 = 200 keys again to select the new pictures and copy. That's absolutely ridiculous.

4. no way to switch between photo sets
I would like to have several sets of 100 photos (e.g. family, scenery, etc.) and be able to switch between them. I realize that space is limited on the TV itself, but surely it can be changed to allow something simple like "delete all photos on the TV" and then choose a folder to copy to the TV.

It would be nice if the Samsung moderators or personnel would actually try some of these things and use them before posting a 'solution' that they found by browsing the manual.

userDipWyIjoW0
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Dear Samsung,

If you are going to market things like TV's that work as art frames, especially ones that come with a computer sized box beside them, you should have through to allow either a memory upgrade or an attached storage/ usb device to display on the TV.  How silly to put only 500 MB on a TV that is supposed to display 4K quality art works.  It really doesn't help me (or your other customers) that the new version has 6GB.  Firstly, this is still too limited (compared to attaching our own storage) and it doesn't help me w/ my 500 MB TV.  Really, for a team that has the imagination to come up w/ this product, someone really messed up on this aspect.  Maybe you can make up for it by getting to work on a software update that will allow the display of art directly from an attached storage device (where I can also choose the folder or collection on the device) and where I don't need to duplicate the images on some puny internal TV memory.  This product is super expensive and super useless all at the same time.  Shame on Samsung.

userfJq4BpsYkX
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've just purchased the Samsung frame as my wife would like to see the pics of our beloved dog that passed away. However the dumb frame has such a limited capacity, I have been able to put in just 4 pics. I don't know where the space has gone. Why can't they allow us to load the pics through USB directly?

Knowing Samsung since years, they never go back and fix the software for any of their products.

Another issue is that I have a 8k Samsung TV that can only display 4k content. The remote codes are infra red and cannot be changed and the dual tv/remote issue. I think this is my last samsung waste of money.

usero3MaJIeWkW
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello together

I just bought frame 4.0 couple of days ago nice sleek TV but I'm totally disappointed by the software (my other TV is LG C9 with WebOS), no random function in slideshows, hideous bar around pictures, lack of space for pictures (500MB in 2021). But I feel like all this topics are completely ignored by Samsung. Love the design of the Frame but Samsung customer service is absolutely ridiculous and disappointing.

Keep your heads up.

userVKjuPFMQSY
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
My model offers two ways to display my photos. 1. I transfered 200 or 300 to internal memory and it does the nicely framed art mode slide show. Infilled the memory so no more space there. 2. From the USB drive I plugged in I can do an (apparently unlimited in size) slide show that looks simpler on display and requires a different sequence of steps to select and initiate. From the "source" menu not the "art" menu. Not ideal but I alternate between art and regular tv USB drive slide show...(I assume this is how a slide show from USB would look on any Samsung tv.)
0 Likes