Original topic:

Why do i have to use hotspot to use anything on smarthub?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Codyc21
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have a 75" QN90C, and I'm constantly having to connect to my phone's hotspot instead of using my home Wi-Fi to use anything on my SmartHub. These TVs cost way too much to have issues as ridiculous as this. Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix? Any updates from Samsung about this?

10 Replies
Codyc21
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Also, how does a company like Samsung have such god-awful customer service? It's like talking to a child!
Mark7com
Star
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
So you're saying that you want to use wifi instead of Hotspot but tv won't letting you ? Does your tv used to work on wifi before? If so it means either you need to restart and re-register to wifi or try returning the tv if it possible.
0 Likes
Codyc21
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
So, I've used my TVs on Wi-Fi for years. Then, all of a sudden, all my apps (Netflix, Prime, Paramount) stopped working unless I turned off the Wi-Fi and connected to my phone. I've already restarted and re-registered my router, but no fix. This happened on my old TV. They sent me money to buy a new one, but still no results. I'm buying a new router today to see if that resolves the issue.
0 Likes
Codyc21
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
The weird thing is everything else connected to my wifi still works just as normal it's only the samsung hub and I get errors that their servers are being updated. This has been going on for 2 weeks now
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Have you power cycled your router and all switches and fiber feeds if applicable? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Codyc21
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Yes I have
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Yea, sorry, I skipped over that fact in one of your earlier posts.  Try unplugging the TV for a couple of minutes to soft reset it and see if that helps. 

Also, Samsung devices seem to have issues with WiFi 6 routers so make sure you have a separate 5g ssid that you can connect to. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
Codyc21
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Still no luck. I even used a LAN connection and got the error. The only way I can use SmartHub is through my phone's mobile hotspot. I tried my SmartHub connection test in the diagnostic settings and got a isp block error 202, so I guess the next step is to call them. I'm not sure why that would have changed out of the blue, but I'm at a loss at this point.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Data point,  working fine on my QN90D

Bill
---
0 Likes