2 Samsung Notes feature requests

(Topic created: 07-30-2022 11:49 AM)
userAN7SOEAjC6
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi

I would like to see the following added:

1 - better alignment of the easy writing pad. I use this all the time for written notes and it's super fiddly to get it to align to the next line when returning. You have to size the box just perfectly for it line up. Would love to see this automatically go to the next line every single time, regardless of how big the box size is. This is my #1 request by far - make the easy writing pad more user friendly. Noteshelf on ipad have this down perfectly.

2 - an option to return to last writing tool after using the eraser. Again noteshelf do this really well. You erase something and the stylus immediatley returns to the writing tool once you lift from the tablet. Saves an extra button push to reselect the tool. Over time this saves literally thousands of button pushes that arent needed.

Thanks, hopefully these can be actioned.

Cheers, Dean

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
userAN7SOEAjC6
Asteroid
Options

I don understand that reply  - can you give me some more explanation please?

0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options

It's SPAM, most likely from a bot. I'll report it to the moderators.

userAN7SOEAjC6
Asteroid
Options

Ok thanks for that. Did I post my feature requests in the right place?

0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
No problem, and yes you did. Hopefully Samsung will see this and implement it
0 Likes
Options
What if you want to erase more that one area? 😁 Just kidding. Statistically, you're more likely to erase one and return to writing/drawing versus erasing twice - so that is a good idea. As far as lining up the next line, have you tried the text magnification tool? Ignoring my sloppy handwriting, it does help line up the adjoining words and lines easier. Samsung Note can be a lot better. There were even a couple of better features back on the Note 3 (or 5, I can't remember exactly).
They should also take some of the basic editing tools - such as the various text options, and marker styles like the glowing one that i used in the screenshot, in samsung's photo editor and incorporate it into samsung notes. Being able to use the selection tool in text (and not just handwriting) would make sense, and functional margins would also help if the user wants to print their work.Screenshot_20220730-163732_Samsung Notes.jpg
0 Likes
userAN7SOEAjC6
Asteroid
Options

Thanks for the reply. I think I need to explain my post a little. It's the text magnification tool I am actually  talking about. When I use a ruled paper template, the little magnification box doesn't easily move down a single line. It jumps half a line or more when you hit the end of a line. You have to resize the box just right to get it to move down a single line everytime you return or hit the end of a line. This is difficult to guage and also makes the box really small to get it to align.

Noteshelf on ipad have this down perfectly (but unfortunately don't include that feature on the Android version). When writing quickly on a webinar or in a meeting, you just want the box to move down a line each time and not have to resize/move it.

Does that make sense?

Screenshot_20220731-075141_Samsung Notes.jpg

0 Likes
Options
Yes. Actually as soon as I read that you were referring to the magnification tool, I understood immediately. I had the same issue just trying to take the screenshot! 😁
Have you tried sending the support team an email? Sometimes things that make common sense to us don't occur in the minds of the developers. I think all developers should be forced to use every feature of their app! 😆
0 Likes
userAN7SOEAjC6
Asteroid
Options

How do you send the support team an email, is the email listed here somewhere?

0 Likes
Options
I believe there's 2 options;:
1) Open Notes / Menu (3 horizontal bars on left) / Settings (gear icon) / All all the way down to Contact Us / select Send Error Report.
2) See the info included in the app info. A email address is included.
I'll send an email as well with the url to this post, so it's easier for them to understand.SmartSelect_20220731-164342_Galaxy Store_6538_1659300222.jpg
0 Likes