Original topic:

3rd party text message app

(Topic created: 07-18-2021 04:26 PM)
jon7
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I'm wandering if there is an app that I can use to send text messages through my internet cause where I live I do not get a mobile signal? This will help me out a lot if there is an app that will let me do this without interfere with any of my other apps. Would help put a lot for when my job needs to get hold of me and I'm out working on my farm to receive calls on my house phone.

0 Likes
15 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
An app to send texts over wifi? Every text app should be able to do this. What app are you using now?
0 Likes
jon7
Astronaut
Options
All that I can find out is messages version 12.1.60.13. I'm not very smart about these things am I using a basic version of messages?
0 Likes
Grma
Nebula
Options
@jon7 ... you have wifi at your house?? If so you can connect your phone to your wifi and it works just the same as if on a data plan.. when out in your yard working.. if the wifi does not reach where you are at.. look into WI fi extenders.. you pair that to your wifi router.. then move it to another location ..example.. you live in a house and your router is all the way at the east end but your yard is at the west end.. you would plug you extender closer if not all the way to the west side of the house.. then you connect your phone via that WI fi extender and not your router..

who is your mobile carrier? If VERIZON .. they have one that would work perfectly.. I know because I have had to use it when living in an area with no/low signal
0 Likes
jon7
Astronaut
Options
Yes I do have wifi but I'm straight talk that works off of Verizon tower's. In my text messages app there is multimedia messaging everything is turned on except auto retrieve while roaming is there anything else that I'm missing that's not letting me do this?
0 Likes
Grma
Nebula
Options
Maybe I am not understanding your issue.. completely.. when you are in your house you can text because your phone is connected to your wifi.. but when you are in your yard you cannot? Is how I understood your original message..

If you can not text in your house because you do not get a mobile signal.. then connect your phone via wifi and turn on wifi calling.. (look in settings)
0 Likes
Grma
Nebula
Options
If you cannot text out in the yard.. get a wifi extender.. and place it where the signal is strong enough to reach your yard
0 Likes
jon7
Astronaut
Options
I'm connected to my wifi and o cannot send a text using my wifi. My wifi connection is 100% and I'm setting maybe 3feet away from my router. I have looked in my settings for wifi calling I'm not seeing it anywhere I even used the phone search and it gives me nothing. Am I just not seeing it my setting or is there a special place for it?
0 Likes
jon7
Astronaut
Options
There is not a option on my s21 phone about wifi calling so is there a way I can install it on my phone?
0 Likes
Solution
Grma
Nebula
Options
Try this
Settings>apps> then click the 3 dots on top.. and reset app preferences..
You can try clearing your cache as well.. in hopes that will clear out any conflicts.. other than that.. factory reset your phone... like new.. do not save your current phone settings and do not back up your phone .set it up like new..

To find wifi calling - You should be able to find it.. by opening your phone app..(like you are making a phone call) then click on the 3 dots top corner.. click settings and it should be there .. if straight talk allows it

The other thing if this does not work ..even after a factory reset.. it's because of settings from straight talk..you will need to call them or switch carriers..

if you are in a contract.. find a carrier that will buy out your contract on early disconnect.. there are a few out there that are advertising this..

I also went searching and found this from straight talk.. could be of help to you

https://support.straighttalk.com/tutorials/wi-fir-connectivity/wi-fir-calling?device=samsung-galaxy-...