Original topic:

A54: head tracking not included

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Johannes69
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Dear Samsung Support,

I am writing to express my disappointment with the Samsung A54 5G, specifically its lack of Android head tracking functionality. As a loyal customer, I anticipated that this device would include all the innovative features Samsung is known for, especially given the advancements in accessibility and user experience.

Head tracking is not just a convenience; it's a necessity for many users who rely on this technology for those who seek a more immersive experience when listening to music, like myself, who has a top notch Sony wf-1000xm5.

While I understand that not every feature can be included in every model, head tracking has become a standard expectation in today's smartphone market. It's disheartening to see Samsung not prioritize this in the A54 5G, a model that has the potential to be a market leader in its category.

I urge Samsung to consider the needs of all users and to provide a software update that includes head tracking, or at least to ensure that future models do not exclude such a critical feature. Your attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated by many.

Sincerely,

[A Concerned Customer]

4 Replies
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Usually, things like head tracking are considered a more "premium" feature and are given with phones higher up the price ladder. I can understand your frustration, but ultimately, it's probably supposed to be something to incentiveize buying a pricier phone, sort of how Apple still sells iPads with lightning, and sell the usbc iPads for more.
0 Likes
Johannes69
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

The samsung galaxy buds2 pro had spatial audio on this phone, but with my songs this is not the case, and the Head tracking feature has been a feature in Android 14 with other phones, but not samsung, it's a bit cheap I would say.

0 Likes
joeschmo19
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Also- I noticed you directed this to samsung. You can talk to them directly by pressing the button in the bottom right and scrolling down, but that's mainly for repair.
0 Likes
Paulrgod
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Just for info, this is likely not disabled on your phone.  It's a scummy tactic that Samsung are employing to get you to buy their own buds.  Head tracking is also unavailable on my S24 ultra with my Sony WF-1000XM5.  Sure enough connecting my partners Samsung Buds Pro 2... Guess what suddenly works.

Scummy tactics Samsung.  Come on... Sort this **bleep** out.  

0 Likes