JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Application Sound

(Topic created: 01-27-2022 07:25 AM)
Acredeaux
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
So I'm not able to change the notification sounds for specific apps (ie Messenger for FB), and it will only allow me to change the Default notification sound in general.. I have a S21 Ultra 5G, on one ui 4.0 and android version 12 if that helps any
7 Replies
Acredeaux
Astronaut
Options
Totally dodged my question...what am I missing to fix this? I normally don't miss tech issues but this one is escaping me
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Hey there @Acredeaux, I hope you're doing well.

If you go to Settings>Apps>Messenger>Notifications>Notification categories>Chats>Sound

You should have the option of changing the message sound. You can do the similar approach for most apps.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Acredeaux
Astronaut
Options
It definitely got me to the right spot so much thanks!! However I ended up resetting the entire phone to default settings (was trying to avoid), as it wasn't allowing the setting to go back to the app provided sound until I did the reset..
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Ah. For future reference, you can just Uninstall and reinstall the app to get the sound back.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Acredeaux
Astronaut
Options
So I'm there but it won't allow me to pick the apps default app notification sound? It's not on the list haha smh
0 Likes
Acredeaux
Astronaut
Options
It definitely got me to the right spot so much thanks!! However I ended up resetting the entire phone to default settings (was trying to avoid), as it wasn't allowing the setting to go back to the app provided sound until I did the reset..
0 Likes
userk66iYePWxz
Astronaut
Options

Hi, I have a similar problem, but the notification sounds from each individual App, for those that actually develop their own sounds (example outlook emails, messenger, facebook, ebay, etc) are not found in my phone, and by removing and re-installing App it doesn't change anything, it still nowhere to be found. Only the list of Samsung sounds are available for association to the different App. What to do?

It seems linked to an update of Android 12 which happened this spring 2022, because we have various phone models at home A40, A13, A22 and they are all doing the same.

0 Likes