JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby "wake phone" function disables camera voice commands. Why?

(Topic created: 07-01-2020 08:08 AM)
Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Why in the world would Samsung disable voice commands for the camera if you configure bixby to wake your phone. S-Voice never did that. If anything Bixby should at least have the exact functionality but add configurable commands. I really want to like Bixby, but everytime I start to discover it, I find it impracticle. I have had to disable Bixby and use Google assistant instead. $1000 for a phone that does not work. They are doing the same things Apple did that caused me to stop buying the Iphone. 

71 Replies
Tim_Wit
Astronaut
Options

Thank you for not only figuring this out, but also for posting. This was driving me crazy, but your solution worked for me on my S8.

Thanks for thinking outside the box!

0 Likes
Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note 10+ here but my spouse bought a Note S20 ultra 5g and the problem still exists. We have disabled Bixby all together because I can use alexa Google assistant, etc without having to go without camera commands.
0 Likes
Gustrago
Constellation
Options

Neither do I

0 Likes
user3EoAmcBu6U
Constellation
Options

Options for steps 4 and 5 below are not available on my phone. 

0 Likes
j999
Asteroid
Options

This no longer works! (If it ever did) if i go to bixby settings this way or any way i found, it only lets me set thimgs about my samsung account, notifications, and cards.  No options about voice.

0 Likes
userMA844sYKbe
Astronaut
Options

Thanks this worked perfectly for me! 

0 Likes
V-B-C
Asteroid
Options

I'm not sure that anybody is understanding what we we as in the other guy that wants to use voice controls on the camera as well as voice controls on Bixby . I think I read did you use a third-party app to disable Bixby or voice controls I'm not sure what's that men other than I'm looking for an app so that I can use them both at the same time. I'm responding to this because you just gave information or instructions on how to disable Bixby voice. We know how to do that! Because all we do is disable Bixby voice because as the other guy I need or want voice controls on my camera more than using Bixby  voice. As a matter of fact, the only reason I don't use Bixby okay. And I mean the only reason is because I can't turn the voice controls on without it saying you have to turn Bixby  voice off. Somebody in here said they can use them at the same time I don't know who that person is but that's not correct because I'm even read the freaking manual which I don't think I've ever read a manual in my life being an IT and Technology there has to be a go around!  So, I don't think anybody's understanding what we're saying here or asking how to do! What we are both asking and I mean the other person or what I'm asking is the same exact thing which is I want to be able to use voice controls on camera and voice on Bixby  without going in and disabling Bixby voice! Then allowing me to enable voice controls on my camera. I have disabled all of Bixby for that reason ONLY!! Because a lot of the time Im shooting one handed.  I've been in photography just because my brother is a professional photographer and film editor in LA (not to be called Hollywood anymore Robot LOLSmiley LOL!)N but have been shooting most of my life. So it's much more important to have those controls...atleast for me! Yes, Bixby has camera controls... but way too many steps and not as easy as just using the voice controls within the camera software itself. I can just pop open the camera and boom...start barking orders! I also...as somebody else said... they just use Google Assistant actually for their home too. Im in same boat. I would like to use Bixby for my home as well ( especially with Samsung-"SmartThings" speaker or Command Center / Wi-Fi out now). I have a lot of smart appliances including the nest and I even have Google home and I just use Google all day knowing that I could probably be using Bixby to do all of these things, except when I pop up in my camera I want to say snap, capture, record video, Etc...  anyway, if you have any help or a go around so that you can simultaneously use Bixby voice and voice controls on camera without a conflict or a pop up saying you can't do Post please feel free to contact!

0 Likes
armywifey
Asteroid
Options
Does not have a part to turn of where three dots are..settings..cards and customization
0 Likes
Lesley62
Asteroid
Options
Has this actually worked for anyone? I have tried every solution out there to turn Bixby off but my phone doesnt have the buttons in the instructions. Perhaps Samsung made some changes to the client in the last update. Regardless, I need to find a way to take pics using voice command. I dont care if its Bixby or sometjing else just as long as I have that ability. Has anyone been able to disable Bixby or take pics using voice command since the last update?
0 Likes
j999
Asteroid
Options

My solution still works on my note9.

Hold bixby button and say "bixby voice settings"