JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby "wake phone" function disables camera voice commands. Why?

(Topic created: 12-10-2017 01:45 PM)
Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Why in the world would Samsung disable voice commands for the camera if you configure bixby to wake your phone. S-Voice never did that. If anything Bixby should at least have the exact functionality but add configurable commands. I really want to like Bixby, but everytime I start to discover it, I find it impracticle. I have had to disable Bixby and use Google assistant instead. $1000 for a phone that does not work. They are doing the same things Apple did that caused me to stop buying the Iphone. 

71 Replies
armywifey
Asteroid
Options

Same with me. Since update. Everything is so different. The bad is what you are dealing with. I have no way of turning off. I go to Bixby home.. there is NO  part for bixby

0 Likes
Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
When you go into phone settings and you try to set voice commands, a message pops up telling you that voice commands (like "capture" are disabled when Bixby is enabled. Now I have to say "Hi Bixby"...[wait for the ding} ..."capture photo". Then bixby replies. "Ok Opening camera app and taking a picture...[wait for action to complete].... Then the picture is taken. Unfortunately in the 5 minutes in getting the process to work, the moment was gone. I used t be able to open the camera and say "capture" and the picture was taken. I could say "capture, capture, capture " and take 3 images at once.
V-B-C
Asteroid
Options

So you have enabled Bigsby voice command so you can just say hello Bigsby without touching your phone kind of like Google Assistant as well as voice controls on your camera which means when your holding a camera you can say capture, cheese, snap, shoot, start recording, these commands in order to not have to use the snap or  capture button to take a picture?? I'm pretty sure you got mixed up cuz that's not possible I've even read the manual which have never read a manual in my entire life! You can't have both of us are the same time so I think you're misunderstanding what we're talkin about basically voice controls for hands-free Camera and Video or still shots KB. As well as Bigsby voice to run your smart home or just to say hello Bigsby and do whatever you want hands-free! I think you have Bigsby turned on or enabled meaning you push the button yeah you can do all that you can't wake it up with your voice and have voice controls on on your camera at the same time you will get or try to turn on your voice controls it will immediately say you have to turn off voice only on Bigsby Bigsby all together you just have to turn off Voice Wake Up. Which to me renters are completely useless that's the issue! I do not use Bigsby only for that! I would love to use it because I could probably run my whole house but I do use Google Assistant instead but at the same time as somebody else mentioned and it's kind of a waste but I have disabled it completely so there's a couple other people that have misunderstood that I saw ink to giving directions how to disable voice in Bigsby and that's not what we're talking about we're talking about having it enabled in both apps at the same time and functional without confliction. Yes you can use the camera through Bigsby through 27 steps I can just pop open the camera and say shoot capture whatever by just holding my phone but I can't sit there and go hello Bigsby when that's enabled. So I as many other said or a couple others whatever, feel that or in my lifestyle the camera is way more important than having Bigsby because I have Google Assistant. I even have Google home but Bigsby SmartThings came out with a speaker and Wi-Fi mesh or partially mess system as well but I look at it and go I don't even use Bigsby or I can't use Bigsby I push the button I have disabled it completely because they added that into because I got annoying the slide of the screen still brings up Bigsby but I can't get rid of that I'm not going out of my way to do so because again sometimes I will enable it and kind of mess around or something but that's what it's become is just like kind of a mess around at when I really could probably utilize a lot more. That is what's going on here that is the question that is the issue and I'm telling you right now SAS 9 S10 maybe an S10 which will be my next phone the S5 vs Galaxy S7 all had voice control but Bigsby you didn't exist then as far as your camera goes and I've always used it just being in photography or having a professional photographer as a brother in my life it's something I like to do I shoot fast I shoot a lot I burst shot I have a huge SD card because I carry around probably 12 to 15 gig of still photographs and motion videos on my phone, alone. And I have an awesome SLR camera... but can't carry that thing around everywhere , for sure!Robot LOL

Samsung_Y5UuDx7
Astronaut
Options

My phone has disappeared any Voice wake-up features so that I can't disable it. It's not in the '3 dots' settings and it's not in the access panel. Any other suggestions from anyone? Before I have to switch to a different phone I would like to at least try to get this to work...

0 Likes
users8EoSRtchR
Constellation
Options

Amen, Amen, amen! I want BIXBY OFF MY PHONE, THIS IS NOTHING BUT AGGRAVATING! UR EXACTLY RIGHT, $1000 FOR A PHONE & HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS JUNK! UNACCEPTABLE SAMSUNG! I'M READY TO SMASH THIS PHONE INTO PIECES BECAUSE OF BIXBY SHOWING UP EVERY WHERE ON MY SCREEN ALL THE TIME & Disabling my camera voice command! I'm beyond over Samsung & evil little man that  they put in these phones! Raaahhh!

0 Likes
Options

I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about this, @users8EoSRtchR. If you would like to look into more information on how to disable Bixby, you can read this thread.

If there is anything else that we can help with, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
armywifey
Asteroid
Options
Nope didnt work
Packerman8
Constellation
Options
  • Alternatively, press the Bixby buttonon the left side of the phone, right under the volume rocker.
  • Click on the 3 dots on the right and you can now turn off the bixby wake up which fixes this issue

THis is on the NEW Android OS that installed tonight...

0 Likes
Samsung_Y5UuDx7
Astronaut
Options

I don't have that option. So great idea, but doesn't work for me. I am trying to figure out which permissions it's using so that I can turn off the one that's blocking the camera voice control. 

0 Likes
Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Why can't Samsung enable everything to work?
0 Likes