JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Broken samsung voicemail app

(Topic created: 04-28-2021 07:25 PM)
Pablo12
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Voicemail is telling me "something went wrong. .We ran into a problem. Try again later. Contact customer service" so my voicemail ap ver 13.0.00.24 is messed up. I compared her phone's version and her's is 13.0.00.28. Not 24. Can you help?

5 Replies
CJM16
Asteroid
Options
Me too
0 Likes
Pablo12
Asteroid
Options
After messing with clearing cache and messing with permissions I was going crazy for days. Well tonight I entered the app window and this time I held down on the force quit option lower right bottom below the version display for about 5 sec. Before I just get it to quit but this last time it quit. I let it be for a few minute and then I just pressed on the app icon on the home screen and bam! It opened and got the setup windows for basic visual voice from Verison. Don't ask me how or if that was actually the trick but it appeared to be. So give it ago. I gotta hit the sack. Good night all! Hope you get it to work. Post me!
Pablo12
Asteroid
Options
My bad...think I have a typo in my last post....before, when I tried to push the quit I'm guessing I never held my finger down on it long enough to actually get it to quit. Probably why it didn't shut down the app. Holding it for 5sec or so finally force quit the app.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Turn on cellular data and try again
0 Likes
Solution
Pablo12
Asteroid
Options

I tried that. And yes it needs to be on. What finally worked, as I said earlier, was to go to settings>apps>Voicemail.

Then go to force quit. Make sure to hold on to force quit long enough to stop the app.

Then, select storage>then clear cache. Then restart the app. When it comes up follow the setup steps. Then you should be back in business.