JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Debit card will not add to Samsung Wallet

(Topic created: 05-17-2024 01:09 PM)
basembatman
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have the same problem to verify my debit card on Samsung Pay, however the other app like Google Pay was successfully verify the card. I want to double check if Samsung can offer a solution before I totally move to the other app.

by searching the old post, there is a post in Aug-23, I had followed the steps to clear the cashed & it did not work to verify the card.

5 Replies
3Fees
Sun
Options
Did you try this ? Remove pay, put in cards , install pay, and then add cards to pay or wallet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SamsungPay/comments/pgmyen/for_people_having_card_verification_issues_try/?...

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
basembatman
Asteroid
Options

Thanks 3Fees for the reply, I didnot try to uninstall Samsung Pay as I don't want to lose all definitions of the loyalty cards, it will take long setup to setup again. the method in the provided link did not work very well in my case.

0 Likes
3Fees
Sun
Options
That's all I seen , uninstall Samsung pay and put your cards into payments section and then install Samsung pay. Maybe Samsung support can help you.

Cheers
3Fees
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Not all cards will work with Samsung Wallet. I have two credit cards, but only one of them can be added to Samsung Wallet. The other card is by a smaller bank and I guess Samsung doesn't have an agreement with them.
Solution
basembatman
Asteroid
Options

Hello popsicle20, it seems you are correct about the cards from small banks are not easily defined with Samsung Pay. I had followed the steps to uninstall/install SPay & it did not work.

however my last trial was successful: I had called the bank to find a solution & it took 2 hours to verify the card and successfully it works now...

Finally, I feel that SPay will be flexible more with the verification protocols in similar to GPay is doing. 

0 Likes