JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does anyone know if Samsung messages going to get updated to keep up with Google Messages?

(Topic created: 05-27-2024 01:03 AM)
JayyyTeee
Halo
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Does anyone know if Samsung messages going to get updated to keep up with Google Messages. Does anyone know if Samsung Messages going to get reactions to a message like Google Messages? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
User41
Asteroid
Options

I just got a brand new Galaxy S24 and Samsung Messages is not installed on the phone, nor can I download it from Google Play or the Samsung Store. That may be the first step of the phase-out.

MsVirgo87
Red Giant
Options
Oh no I most definitely don't like that at all but someone else told me that they just got the s24 ultra and they have samsung messages on their phone but if it's not there then I might as well keep the S22ultra
JayyyTeee
Halo
Options
Ahh man that's messed up. Google Messages doesn't let me send Gifs, pictures, o4 or screenshots while receiving individual replies. To receive individual replies you have to switch setting to SMS, and Google Messages SMS won't let you send attachments. This is bad.
0 Likes
JayyyTeee
Halo
Options
Yeah I kinda like Samsung Messages. Google Messages won't let me send Mass screenshots, pictures, or Gifs without changing a setting from sending the screenshot, Picture, or Giff so each person will receive the message individually like Samsung messaging. In Google messaging I have to send a mass text and e everyone in the mass text can see each other's replies. I don't like that. I guess I'll have to stick with Samsung's Messaging service. Maybe it's because I have a Z Fold 3. I do have One UI 6.1 so I don't know
Options
I really wish that instead of Samsung using Google Messages as the default, that Samsung would have worked on integrating some of those great Google features into their Samsung Messaging app. I really like how customizable Samsung Messaging is, but they lack the features that Google Messaging has. I like some of the features that Google offers, but it lacks customization. I would like just one great Messaging app that combines customization, with RCS chat features.