JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Facebook reports Samsung Internet is an unsupported browser.

(Topic created: 10-12-2022 11:45 AM)
zhammer
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Samsung Internet browser

Unsupported Browser
You're using a browser that isn't supported by Facebook. Update your browser to post comments.
8 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Use Firefox or Chrome or Opera
zhammer
Astronaut
Options
I can with no problems. My hope is Samsung see this and fixes it.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Not gonna happen.

The market is too small ... and if The Sammy Internet browser was a big hit and everyone was clamoring over it , it would available on platforms OTHER THAN the Android device

We use a browser that's available on Android, IOS, Linux, Win, etc ... that way no matter what platform we're using, we can log into the account and have all our settings , passwords , and bookmarks all available
userMmgfvCevF5
Asteroid
Options

FB is the only place there seems to be an issue, but it's very annoying! C'mon samsung,  fix this for us!

Grendeth9495
Comet
Options
There's nothing wrong with the Samsung browser, it's just uncommon and Facebook doesn't recognize its ID, if all features work fine, go ahead and ignore it. The message will only disappear when a larger percentage of users access Facebook from Samsung internet and force them to recognize compatability. Though at this ment that will likely not happen.
TheGalaxy
Sun
Options
Use Facebook app
userMmgfvCevF5
Asteroid
Options

I despise the FB app! They keep trying to force it down my throat when I get a PM, and it's  beginning to make me choke. I refuse to be forced into an app I don't want. Isn't it enough that when you get a new computer or tablet, you have to go thru it and remove all the pre-loaded garbage? Why couldn't FB leave well enough alone? 

If enough of us report a problem to FB, maybe they'll put this browser back in the "approved" list.....personally, I wish FB would just shutdown 

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your feedback.