Original topic:

Feature Request: Alarm App should have a feature if Battery is about to go flat to warn user

(Topic created: a week ago)
JasonML
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi Team,

There have been situations where I've set an Alarm for the next morning and for some reason or another, the Phone has not been put on charge (my fault). Would it be possible to have a feature where if the Alarm App is set and some pre-defined limit is reached <5% Battery, >9pm, no movement sensed, etc the alarm is prematurely sounded?

Effectively this feature would be some type of "Alarm Protection/Assurance".

Regards,
JL.

3 Replies
realaud
Black Hole
Options
In the meantime you can set a routine. If battery is below (pick your percent) then choose the action "notifications", set custom notification (Battery is low, put on charger) and slide the "read this notification aloud" button on.

You could also just automatically put your phone on the charger before you go to bed.
JasonML
Constellation
Options

Thanks for the suggestion, will give it a try. I'll see if I can add some more constraints around the time of day as I'd really only want this to trigger >9pm

While I normally do put my phone on charge before I go to bed, there have been instances where I've picked it up during the night and accidentally dislodged the power cable, or I've missed the inductive charger and the phone has failed to charge. In the very worst case, there have been instances where an overnight power outage has also left us without power until the next morning.

0 Likes
realaud
Black Hole
Options
Yeah, I saw when I was playing, you can add a time/time frame as well. If you put yor phone in sleep mode or DND, you will have to make sure to adjust that mode's parameters to allow that routine to run or that notification to come through. You can also tell it to start that particular alarm instead of/in addition to. You will have to play with it.
0 Likes