Original topic:

Feature Request: Allow tags to transfer when backing up files from the Gallery

(Topic created: yesterday)
JCS81
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

It would be extremely usful to have tags in the gallery app stay when backing up files from a computer, sharing to another andriod, or simply copying file.

Tho I have no clue on coding or software. I have a a couple ideas on how to it could possibly be done if there is no better way

Computer transfer and back
1) have a toggle to "keep tags for same file name". (General quick toggle for all files)
 -i rarely have file names ever match; and if someone often does have file names that match, they could turn off the toggle for "keep tags for same file name"
2) have an option to save tags associated with name. Can be a button next to or under add tag button (specific files; single or grouped selected)
[File info, like file size, could help if names aren't enough]

These would work for transferring to a computer and back, if someone was making temporary space or backing up files or somthing from computer to phone

Copying a file should keep same tags since it's a copy, if this can be done

As far as transferring tags to another device, I have no clue on that other than have a hidden (tag) file or something for that file

Overall, I would like to maintain my organization of files without the trouble of retagging everytime it is moved off and back onto my phone. Aswell as keep files orginzed when transferring to another android device.

4 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Sounds like you are describing a back up feature
0 Likes
JCS81
Cosmic Ray
Options
Yup, It would be a very useful feature