JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to disable the Wearable app

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
qwerty1
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Is It posible to somehow make it so samsung wearable app doesn't use ram when I'm not connected to my watch because every time I go to the running services section in developer options I always see galaxy watch manager is using so much ram. I checked and there's no option to disable or put this app to sleep. Are there any ways to stop this app?

0 Likes
5 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
How much RAM are you seeing? The app uses RAM so that the communication and sync of data between wearable devices and phone is seamless.
0 Likes
qwerty1
Asteroid
Options

It uses around 250mb, sometimes 300mb. Ram is important to me because it uses battery. Currently i only rarely use my watch (around one time a week) so it would be useful to save some battery.

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
That really isn't much RAM and the battery usage is going to be pretty much insignificant.
0 Likes
qwerty1
Asteroid
Options

So there's no way to sort of disable the app? Because it used to let me put the app to deep sleep.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

You cannot disable the app or put it to sleep if you expect it to work with your watch.  It was already stated that battery usage is negligible (as the app just sits in memory doing nothing-ready to serve), so there really is no need to stop it.  If you keep up with your optimization, it shouldn't be a problem.  Incidentally, I never see the wear app in my battery usage, so maybe stay out of developer options?  Also, if you are seeing it, it's probably looking for your watch, which you say you only use about once a week.  Why?  Do you not need to tell time but once a week?  You probably use more battery power checking the ram usage than the app does being resident.  

Why worry about battery usage unless you are getting less than 12 hours of battery life? And if you are, you need to examine other areas of your usage patterns. 

I honestly don't know why people are obsessed with battery use. It's not as if the batteries don't have a large capacity and you can charge a phone almost anywhere.  If you are afraid of your battery running down, maybe don't use things with batteries.

0 Likes