JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I wish Samsung would add bionic reading to accessibility

(Topic created: 03-09-2023 08:36 AM)
Gay4Ramen
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I suffer immensely with adhd and possibly asd, so reading is very very difficult for me. There aren't any good apps that work like some extensions do; where it turns ALL text on the device into bionic reading (Every word or every other word's first letter is bold while the rest is normal). I tried adding extensions but there aren't any good ones for the phone. Samsung PLEASE update accessibility with bionic reading. It would be life changing for me and others that struggle to read.
7 Replies
user9YTEaXwSVi
Constellation
Options
I just found out about this, and I completely and profoundly agree! When I read that way for the first time, my mind and eyes were blown!!! 🤯 I just found out I have adhd at the age of 34, and after seeing how helpful a bionic font was, I've been searching everywhere to try and find something too. Pease Samsung! Please! Be the first to support this, and you will have a huge community behind you!
Gay4Ramen
Astronaut
Options
Haha yeah I honestly wish there were such a thing as bionic reading glasses for everything! Then I could actually get through a book for once in my life 🥲. I can't even handle writing and reading my own writing 💀😩.
userNblnQaZpEJ
Asteroid
Options
I absolutely agree. I have that capability on a computer from a program that I installed because ADHD+dyslexia And I was able to just get through it without disassociating or anything. Please please please Samsung add bionic reading as a feature for the phone that applies to all fonts
user9YTEaXwSVi
Constellation
Options
I just found out about this, and I think it would help so many people!! When I read in bionic form for the first time, my mind and eyes were blown!!! 🤯 Almost quite literally! My eyes had no strain, my mind felt free, and I could read without feeling so much strain or the pressure to look up and get distracted. I just found out I have adhd at the age of 34, and after seeing how helpful a bionic font was, I've been searching everywhere to try and find something to change the whole phone's font! 

Pease Samsung! Please! Be the first to support this, and you will have a huge community behind you! 
userNblnQaZpEJ
Asteroid
Options
I agree they need to add this.
user9YTEaXwSVi
Constellation
Options
Yesss! It would help so much!
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.