Original topic:

Issue using Smart View App Cast with Prime Video

(Topic created: 5 hours ago)
Wicked_Kitty
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
It's not mirroring but not fully casting properly either. Is there any solution for this?...
I currently find myself without home wifi so there's no longer a network to connect my Samsung Smart TV to for streaming services. However, I recently discovered Smart View can cast streaming shows from my Galaxy S24+ to be able to watch on my Samsung Smart TV without wifi & I have been using it's App Cast feature in order to still have regular use of my phone while doing so. It works fine with Paramount+ & YouTube but not with Prime. Whenever I attempt the same with Prime Video it will start out correctly, mirroring & then switching into App Cast seemingly fine, but then if I so much as touch the screen on my phone again it pauses the playback. It's still connected when I swipe out the Smart View App Cast thing from the edge of my phone screen, so I'm able to just hit play on the video pop-up to unpause it & it resumes playing on the TV. I can then minimize it back to the edge of my phone screen & it will continue playing unless I touch my phone's screen afterward, then it pauses it again. It's like being stuck somewhere between casting & mirroring where the TV doesn't reflect what my phone's screen is doing & will continue with playing the show, regardless of what screen is showing on my phone at the time I hit play, yet I cannot do anything else with my phone after that in order for it to continue playing. That is just not doable for me, please help. Thank you. 
0 Likes
3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

It is possible that Prime Video is configured to be the center of attention when casting and won't allow other use of the phone at the same time.

0 Likes
Wicked_Kitty
Constellation
Options
Hmmm, idk but I'd guess it's quite possible, lol. Thx for the suggestion, I will check that out...You wouldn't happen to know exactly where I might find that setting or what it's called, would you?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
No, there is no setting the user can change. But I do know that certain apps are configured by the devlopers to act in certain ways. Such as Facebook's app only allowing light mode and portrait mode and Amazon only allowing light mode.
0 Likes