Original topic:

Messages app crashing

(Topic created: 05-28-2024 06:22 PM)
Papyrus16
Pilot
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

My Samsung Messages app keeps closing. I've restarted my phone multiple times. I've gone to Settings > App Settings > Messages > Storage and hit Clear cache and Clear data. When I do this, the space used for cache and data go down to 0, but then immediately go back up to the original storage amounts when I reopen Messages.

I found a previous conversation about Messages crashing in Dec 2023 and tried following the instructions but when I held down the power button and volume up with the phone turned off, the phone restarted as normal, even though I held them down until after the Samsung logo disappeared.

If I can't fix it, can I install a different app for

My Google storage is 94% full. Could that be connected?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,577 Replies
twjones
Asteroid
Options
Since the last update I can no longer use the messenger. Looks like many people are having the same issue. 
twjones
Asteroid
Options
Had to set google messages as default. Maybe they can get it fixed soon.
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Try disabling Google Meets in settings. Supposedly, it will allow messages to start working again

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Drowqueen_El
Asteroid
Options
It totally did. I did this and messages worked immediately
twjones
Asteroid
Options
It worked.
Duecaveman
Asteroid
Options
Just got a s24 ultra yesterday and it was working great then it updated last night and now I can't use the samsung text app
texturedwall
Asteroid
Options
I am not certain of the cause of the technical issues affecting Samsung text messaging, but as a temporary solution, you may consider switching to Google messages. Google messages have the capability to automatically synchronize with your existing contacts, minimizing any potential inconvenience. However, it is important to note that while your contacts will be synchronized, there is a possibility that some text messages may not be synced. This means that you will be able to send and receive text messages, but you may not have access to the message history. This potential issue will not affect the other person you are communicating with.
Duecaveman
Asteroid
Options
Just got it to work had to go into the app settings delete data make sure you set up the Google messenger first then can make the samsung messenger your default