Original topic:

My files app keeps crashing or doesn't open at all? How can I fix?

(Topic created: 05-11-2022 02:39 PM)
Cavonix
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Does anyone know how to fix the my files app because it either crashes or doesn't open at all. Any help would be much appreciated. I have the galaxy s22 ultra. 

6 Replies
Bigeyefish1979
Explorer
Options
Have you tried going to settings- ->Apps --> My Files --> Storage (Clear the cache and data). I would ache sure that appear on topis active, also go to the battery section on the same page and make sure itis marked Unrestricted. Lastly make sure that your permission is set to all files access. Hopefully that may help. And make Sure it is updated fully.
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options

or try cache partition clear from recovery mode.

Reproduce issue then report to Samsung Members app > Get Help > Error Report

What is the device model number and software version (settings > about phone > software information > build number (last 4 digits)) ?

Cavonix
Astronaut
Options
After trying clear data and cache, I ended up having to factory reset the phone. At least the app works now.
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options

sux that you had to reset.. 

if you see any other issue down the road, immediately report to samsung using the route noted above

0 Likes
Solution
Zach_In_Omaha
Constellation
Options
Hi all, I've had a recurring issue with the Samsung My Files app crashing every time I'd select a folder to view. I think a lot of people out there have been having this issue as well; see the frustrated reviews posted recently on Google Play Store for this app.

The solution that worked for me was to open the Google Play Store page for this app, and tap the 'Uninstall' button - don't worry, this will not delete your files, nor will it delete the app itself. This will merely uninstall all the updates that have been applied since you got your device, and roll it back to the initial version. After you've uninstalled the updates, simply update the app again to bring it back up to the current version.

Open the app and hopefully you'll find that it doesn't crash anymore, and you can get back to using it as expected.

Hope this helps!

-Zach in Nebraska, USA
HeroArthur57
Astronaut
Options
That is exactly right! Enable auto-update is helpful too