JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Navy Federal app can't take photos after update

(Topic created: 01-27-2022 06:45 AM)
userHsjBVaA14Y
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I just updated last night to whatever it was that Samsung was pushing. Now when I try to deposit through my banking app, it tells me ~"it seems your device does not support camera (or it is locked). Application will now close". The app doesn't close, but I have to hit OK and it goes to the previous screen. Either way, this function is completely broken.

I checked my other camera apps and they work fine. I cleared the cache and data for the app; nothing. I checked the permissions; it's not that either. I uninstalled and reinstalled and then checked permissions again; still nothing.

What is the deal? The update screen says I can't roll back because of "security policy updates", but this sure is giving me a strong reason to not update in the future.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Grma
Nebula
Options
Call Navy Federal..they have tech support for the app.. they will walk you through the steps to get it working again

View solution in context

6 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Just to be sure, you have Camera listed in the Allowed section of Permissions setting for the banking app (?)
... as in screenshot
.Screenshot_20220127-061231_Permission controller-01_22236_1643285707.jpg
userHsjBVaA14Y
Constellation
Options

Yes, as I said in the post, I checked android app permissions multiple times. I even set it to "ask every time" so I could doublecheck that the app was asking for camera permissions properly.

Solution
Grma
Nebula
Options
Call Navy Federal..they have tech support for the app.. they will walk you through the steps to get it working again
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@userHsjBVaA14Y Check with the developers of that app. They may not have updated their application to work with the latest phone software. 

userHsjBVaA14Y
Constellation
Options

Is Samsung making updates that would require apps to update as well?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@userHsjBVaA14Y Potentially every update could cause one or more app to need updating. Going from Android 11 to Android 12 certainly has the opportunity to force development teams to make updates.