Original topic:

Network speed icon

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Galaxywizard
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
So, i have this question for samsung developers that why don't these samsung devices have this show how much speed Network is taking in option. Why do i have to install some other external,apps for that 🤔 #Samsung #NetworkSpeed 
7 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
I have a question. Wny do you need to know the network speed? In any case that's on your phone/internet provider. And that's why uou need 3rd party apps.
0 Likes
Galaxywizard
Asteroid
Options
I wanna know how much the downloading and uploading network speed is. Every other brand phones have this.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Thats on your service provider. I know my speed - fast, because I get my internet pages with no lag. And every other brand phone does not have it. Maybe some, but not these.
Rayzer
Sun
Options
There are numerous factors that can impact the speed of a network. I don't think it would align with Samsung's strategic objectives to engage in developing a program aimed at addressing all of these issues, or they would likely be blamed for any problems. I use the Speedtest app, which lets me create an account. That way, I can see my results on different networks at different times. Plus, you can get rid of the ads very cheaply.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

Even if Samsung were to have this feature, you would still have to contact your carrier/internet provider to find out what the issue was, so there's really no point in it being integrated into an operating system or UI.  It's always been a third party app/website to check speed. If your uploads/downloads/web pages are behaving normally, there's no reason to check. If they are slow, then there are tools online (usually with your own provider), to check and troubleshoot.  I have had many brand phones over the years and, despite what you claim, not a single one had a data speed indicator.

0 Likes
Galaxywizard
Asteroid
Options
In this context, the primary objective of introducing a topic is to gain insights into the real-time speed of the network. It is pertinent to question why external applications need to be installed and accounts created for this purpose. Why can't Samsung provide an in-house service to address this need?

The focus here is not solely on the speed or slowness of the network, but rather on establishing a reliable metric for real-time monitoring. Similar to the step count feature, which provides users with a sense of accomplishment and motivation, incorporating a real-time distance metric in kilometers would be more beneficial.

But personally, i download a lot, so i wanna see.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

And, it is still not Samsung's responsibility to provide this information.  It is completely on your provider.

0 Likes