JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Feature: Scan from Gallery

(Topic created: 10-30-2023 08:35 PM)
usern4bXlElFFw
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
One thing I have wanted on multiple occasions is the ability to trigger the document scanning functionality from editing menu in the Gallery. By "Document Scanning" I mean the option that appears in the camera when 4 corners of a document, photo, or screen are detected, where clicking the option takes a picture and then allows you to set the 4 corners of the image, which then adjust and skew the photo as needed. This is obviously helpful for images you already have, but would also allow you to take a picture and then do your edits as opposed to waiting for the recognition in the camera app to trigger (which can sometimes take a minute). 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Zrnie
Nebula
Options
My S23U kinda does this already with the (T) in the lower right hand corner

However, yes an actual function available at ALL times would be phenomenal
usern4bXlElFFw
Constellation
Options
Thanks for your comment! After reading it I updated my post because I realized the first sentence was a little unclear. Being able to trigger this functionality at any point by editing a photo in the Gallery is what I meant! (though I supposed the little "T" could also be available in the Camera even when a document is not detected, possibly even as a separate camera mode)
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.